Will I past MEPS physical with a burned off wart mark?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Will I past MEPS physical with a burned off wart mark?

Good evening everyone,

I am interested in getting through the physical at MEPs but I have a light pink/light red circular burnt mark near my left elbow the size of the eraser end of a pencil. My recruiters I've been speaking with have seen me do pull ups and work out with it but either don't notice it or don't think it is anything. I'm just worried about being permanently disqualified for it at MEPs if I go soon. Would it be a big deal to the doctors if I went? It is the only sort of "mark" I have on my body at all. I have no tattoos, no surgeries ever, no birthmarks, and nothing else. This is all I got to deal with. Thank you for reading.

Respectfully, Prime.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime89 View Post
    Good evening everyone,

I am interested in getting through the physical at MEPs but I have a light pink/light red circular burnt mark near my left elbow the size of the eraser end of a pencil. My recruiters I've been speaking with have seen me do pull ups and work out with it but either don't notice it or don't think it is anything. I'm just worried about being permanently disqualified for it at MEPs if I go soon. Would it be a big deal to the doctors if I went? It is the only sort of "mark" I have on my body at all. I have no tattoos, no surgeries ever, no birthmarks, and nothing else. This is all I got to deal with. Thank you for reading.

Respectfully, Prime.
    If the burn is healed and that is the entire extent of the scarring, I can't see where that would be a problem. People show up with all kinds of old scars from minor injuries.

If MEPS DQ'd people on scars....half of us or more would have never been able to enlist. What MEPS is looking for are people who cut or intentionally harm themselves. Looking at scars, a doctor can tell if you have continuously burned or cut yourself over a period of time...as opposed to something that happened by accident.

I was working as a welder to assist supporting university prior to enlisting. The doctor looked at the burns and then at my job.... and told me to wear long sleeved shirts when working. Then promptly passed me through.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Technically, this burnt mark is self-inflicted because I used that Dr. Scholl's Freeze Away wart removal with the liquid nitrogen and sulfuric acid combination. I know being as linguistic as possible at MEPs is very important, so what would be the safest avenue of approach towards my objective of passing the physical if I eventually have to say, "Yes, I treated the wart myself and this is the little circle mark I was left with afterwards".

I think you are making way too much out of it. If you are asked, tell them you used over the counter garbage to remove a wart. Otherwise don't sweat it.

Dude ur fine... I broke my middle finger 2 weeks before I left for bootcamp but I waited in the DEP for 9 months to be a grunt so I wasn't missing my slot. I just hid it at meps during the final screening before I shipped and during inspections every night at bootcamp and it eventually healed on its by graduation. Just dont say anything about it, its no biggy my man.

Thread Information