Best and worst TAD stations you had
Create Post

Unhappy Best and worst TAD stations you had

For me MY best was Naha Okinawa,Japan from 78 to 79 !!!
    I was with the C.R.S.P. that stands for combat readiness storage program and we had it sweet there everyday we would PT then eat breakfast then go to work and around 1130 hours break for lunch for a quick bite the rush back to play pinocle until time to start back to work . That was by far he best time I had...

My best was ,Po Hang KOREA . team sprit 84 and freedom banner 84(JAN84-JUL84) we got to do our job instead of sitting around on our butts on"camp hansen" Okinawa . Oh and liberty was great not too costly and just my speed....

Squad Leader Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My best was Naha, Okinawa in March-May 1972. It was immediately followed by a nine-month TAD in Vietnam, which I suppose qualifies as the worst.

Worst: Some reservist unit in Dallas, TX. Had to fly down there out of El Toro for a week around '86. The barracks I was put up in was an old open squad bay. I was the only person staying there. It was dirty, hot, and humid. The showers dripped and had slime all over the deck. Cockroaches ran all over the place.

Best: Iwakuni, Japan. During '83-84 flew up to Iwakuni off of Okinawa a couple times. It was the opposite of the former. Temporary housing was like a good quality motel, well maintained. Chow was excellent. They went out of their way to make sure you were taken care of.

MCMWTC, Bridgeport, Ca

I hated Camp Pendleton and MWTC was my ticket out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    My best was Naha, Okinawa in March-May 1972. It was immediately followed by a nine-month TAD in Vietnam, which I suppose qualifies as the worst.
    I would say 9 months TAD in Vietnam Qualifies and the worst TAD Hahahahahaha
    Glad you made it back Brother..

NavComSta Stockton, great - first barracks that I ever saw with a beer machine. It was also the worst because the first night there I couldnt find change anywhere!

Camp Fuji '75. Best Chow in the Corps. Was attached to the Base for 13 months. Made some great friends, Fergerson? Wild Willie Rutz where are you?

Thread Information