Strange ID. Need Reservist opinion or Admin help
Create Post

Strange ID. Need Reservist opinion or Admin help

I'm trying to find out whether or not this guy is real. He says he was in the Marine Corps doesn't say if he was active or Reserve but his story conflicts sometimes with him saying if he hadn't done this job at 16 he wouldn't be a manager now. Now he has what appears to be an identification card that says United States Marine Corps that is a Red color but displays no picture, which also seems odd to me. But I don't know what a reservist ID looks like, I only have my own IRR ID Card and dependent card to go off of. He doesn't show up at all in MOL either, but that could just be that his time has been up awhile.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Fill out your profile with more than just a name.
    Site rules....

when i reenlisted in 1990 in the reserves my I D was Pink,, but it had my picture on it,, i have never heard of an ID that did not have a picture on it,, if there is no pic, then i'd say it is a fraud,,imo

Thanks for the help. I just wanted to make sure before I called him out on it. I've never seen a reservist ID so I wasn't sure.

Except for a few very minor, insignificant differences, my reservist ID looks almost identical to my active ID... in fact, the only differences I can find is the reserve ID doesnt have my birthdate on the back and the Marine Corps logo is ever so slightly brighter on the active. The new IDs have holograms over the front as well

All the DoD ID's are the same... Think about the one you got in bootcamp, everyone had the same one Reserve or active duty... And now the DoD came out with new ID's where they took our SS#. I work on a base now as a governent contractor and my ID is the same as my Marine Corps ID accept it says "contractor" under affiliation and it has a green stripe accross the CAC card. Same except id's tho DoD wide

Quote Originally Posted by il duce View Post
    Except for a few very minor, insignificant differences, my reservist ID looks almost identical to my active ID... in fact, the only differences I can find is the reserve ID doesnt have my birthdate on the back and the Marine Corps logo is ever so slightly brighter on the active. The new IDs have holograms over the front as well
    The birthdate thing is a printing error. Depending on the contractor, some of the birthdates are printed on the bottom of the picture rather than under them. Printer error. Same goes for the brighter logo.

To answer the OP, reservists are issued a CAC card as ID. It is illegal to make a replica, copy one, or post a picture of one. If he claims to have an ID that shows he is a USMC Reservist and it is either a fake CAC or not a CAC, please contact your local NCIS field office. http://www.ncis.navy.mil/AboutNCIS/L...s/default.aspx, locate the FO closest to you at the bottom and click on it for its closer sub-office. Making fake USMC ID's (even if they aren't good) can be a federal crime and if he is in a security position they will probably jump on it.

-CITE- 18 USC Sec. 701 01/03/2012 (112-90) -EXPCITE- TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE PART I - CRIMES CHAPTER 33 - EMBLEMS, INSIGNIA, AND NAMES -HEAD- Sec. 701. Official badges, identification cards, other insignia -STATUTE- Whoever manufactures, sells, or possesses any badge, identification card, or other insignia, of the design prescribed by the head of any department or agency of the United States for use by any officer or employee thereof, or any colorable imitation thereof, or photographs, prints, or in any other manner makes or executes any engraving, photograph, print, or impression in the likeness of any such badge, identification card, or other insignia, or any colorable imitation thereof, except as authorized under regulations made pursuant to law, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Thread Information