Fathers bronze star/medals citations?
Create Post

Fathers bronze star/medals citations?

Good evening Devils.

Quick question. My father (and hero) was an 03 during the Vietnam War. He was wounded, and air lifted out and spent a good 6 months in a medical hospital before being medically seperated.

Over the years of moving he lost quite a few things important to him. Just recently while going through some boxes in my parents basement did I find a few old medals and awards he was given but hardly talked about, understandably. Missing however, were the origional citations.

Is there anyway to request a copy of them? Or are they lost to history? He was always very quiet about his time in service though, however extremly proud. When he saw me graduate from Parris Island about a year ago, he started opening up to me more than he ever had in my 26 years of life. I know it would mean the world to him if I could somehow find some of the things he's lost.

Any help would be appreciated

Semper Fi!
    LCpl Stepanek