Boot Camp DI Change Question
Create Post

Boot Camp DI Change Question

I've noticed a few current Boot Camp Platoons at PI that there has been changes in Drill Instructors within some Platoons . Why would this happen? Is this common or pre-planned or just adjustments to better suit a platoon not making the grade?

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by NCskiff View Post
    I've noticed a few current Boot Camp Platoons at PI that there has been changes in Drill Instructors within some Platoons .

Source?

For the record.

Spoke to the OP via PM -- he/she has a good source.

Like i said in the PM -- having not been a DI I can only assume -- but more than likely the change is due to the circumstances of the DI's removed -- and not a regular occurrence. Seems like somebody screwed up and is getting/got fired.

Old Marine or one of the other DI's on here can elaborate more on the subject.

good luck

Could be for many reasons. Relieved for cause, D.I. had to go on emergency leave, D.I. got orders elsewhere, What difference does it make as a Drill Instructor is a Drill Instructor, is a Drill Instructor. Most all are from the same mold. These days I would imagine that it could be for any reason as things have changed since I was making Marines out of civilians.

If you check most posts in this forum about Drill Instructors you will find that they all sound the same when speaking about their Drill Instructors.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    your post.
    Right on cue -- thanks Gunny!

Are you stalking me.....

Marine Free Member McT ontheRock71's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    QUOTE=Old Marine;858381]Could be for many reasons. Relieved for cause, D.I. had to go on emergency leave, D.I. got orders elsewhere, What difference does it make as a Drill Instructor is a Drill Instructor, is a Drill Instructor. Most all are from the same mold. These days I would imagine that it could be for any reason as things have changed since I was making Marines out of civilians.

If you check most posts in this forum about Drill Instructors you will find that they all sound the same when speaking about their Drill Instructors.[/QUOTE]
    ]
    I agree with Old Marine, " A Drill Instructor is a Drill Instructor". They're just like a stock of an M-14, some are wooden and some are composite. Some appear better than others but they all function alike and they all do the job that they were meant to do!

Sometimes a Junior D.I. will be selected to become a Sr. and have to leave the platoon to go start over with some fresh maggots. This occurred to our hard hat.

Also, emergency leave can pull a D.I. out of the platoon, and depending on the circumstance may be replaced.

Thank you Marines for the informed input and opinions. I can only believe that regardless of what caused the change in DIs, it was used to better the training and preparedness of the recruits.

Thread Information