Hi everyone! - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hi everyone!

Believe it or not your step son is a Marine now and sounds like he is going to the school of hard knocks. If he is any kind of Marine he will survive and become a contributing citizen to the community. He no longer needs help from his step mom.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Okay, I will eat my humble pie now. It does not taste good, but I need it.

In reply to some of you that have responded to my last post, you must have not been following the previous posts or you would have realized a few things here: 1. Outside of being a Marine, my stepson is extremely immature for several reasons that are not his fault. 2. Bride was only his second girlfriend. He proposed to her after knowing her for 2 months. She was not even 19 years old at the time and less than a year out of high school. They barely knew each other; she is a spoiled 'daddy's girl' and her mother couldn't get her out of the house and on someone else's expense account fast enough. They were married within 6 months of the proposal but her mother encouraged my stepson to move in with them and sleep with bride 5 months before the wedding. He was not raised this way and I cannot fathom how any mother who truly cared about her daughter would do this. The wedding itself was put together in haste and was a fiasco.

In a nutshell, my stepson was too immature and inexperienced to have any clue about what he was getting himself into, and his bride is also very immature and seems to be 'playing house'. They have incurred a boatload of debt (besides the house) and are rapidly getting in over their heads. They don't seem to know when to stop, and he hasn't had his first deployment yet. I can see nothing good coming out of any of this.

I love my stepson and have not uttered one word to him or bride regarding my feelings about the situation. I am friendly toward her when they are around as I don't wish to risk alienating my stepson. I think he is in for some very difficult and heartbreaking lessons that will ultimately make him stronger and smarter, but I hate to see him go through the necessary pain.

I suppose I have gone too far in expressing my abhorrence of the situation. I will go away now.

Were you going to eat your humble pie before or after you nitpicked your stepson's life again? I don't suspect that anyone here is telling you to go away, but I can't fathom how this is productive or does anything to help any of his situations.

Besides, there's an old saying that holds true in this situation. "Sh!t stinks, but it makes things grow." I can assure you that nothing you've expressed about your stepson is any worse than many of the mistakes I made at his age, but I made them nonetheless and am still standing today.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    And I hope he is still standing as well.

I guess these are lessons that he will need to learn on his own. I wish he had made better choices (excluding becoming a Marine, of course--that was one of the smartest things he's ever done so far) but making bad decisions and then dealing with the consequences is part of growing up. I have done some truly regrettable things in my life as well but learned something each time.

So far, other than boot camp, he does not appear to have been truly challenged outside of his comfort zone. I know that's coming (deployment), and I have a feeling that this is when his domestic situation will start to come apart at the seams. I just hope it doesn't interfere with the true task at hand of being a Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    [QUOTE=Gunstream;870438]

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstream View Post

Were you going to eat your humble pie ,
    before or ,
    after you nitpicked your stepson's life again?

I don't suspect that anyone here is telling you to go away, ,
    but I can't fathom how this is productive or does ,
    anything to help any of his situations.

Besides, there's an old saying that holds true in this situation. ,
    "Sh!t stinks, ,
    but it makes things grow."

I can assure you that nothing you've expressed about your stepson is
    any worse than many of the mistakes I made at his age, ,
    but I made them nonetheless and am still standing today.
    What date did you graduate bootcamp?:20120302 What was your bootcamp platoon number?:3261
    Duty Stations:
    MCRD San Diego
    SOI Camp Pendleton
    MCCSSS Camp Johnson
    4th Recon Bn Fort Sam Year Exited Marine Corps:
    Still in Service
    Favorite Marine:PFC Jesse Gunstream II>NO CONCIETE in your family, YOU Have it all < Current City:Austin
    "Sh!t stinks, ,

??????? Really ????????

Where have you been Rubbing that CRAP youngster ??

By the looks of your profile, you're just out of bootcamp

Back at home in the reserves

And living in Mommy's Basement. (Probibly rent free, with meals and laundry included)
    That's ok "Studley"

There's another saying out there............. ,
    "Tell it to the Marines"

NOT

Tell it to the boots

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post

Believe it or not your step son is a Marine now ,
    and sounds like he is going to the school of hard knocks. ,
    If he is any kind of Marine he will survive and become a contributing citizen to the community.

He no longer needs help from his step mom.

Credits
    Savings
    Were you going to eat your humble pie ,
    before or ,
    after you nitpicked your stepson's life again?

I don't suspect that anyone here is telling you to go away, ,
    but I can't fathom how this is productive or does ,
    anything to help any of his situations.

"Sh!t stinks, ,

I can assure you that nothing you've expressed about your stepson is
    any worse than many of the mistakes I made at his age, ,
    but I made them nonetheless and am still standing today.
    What date did you graduate bootcamp?:20120302 What was your bootcamp platoon number?:3261
    Duty Stations:
    MCRD San Diego
    SOI Camp Pendleton
    MCCSSS Camp Johnson
    4th Recon Bn Fort Sam Year Exited Marine Corps:
    Still in Service

Favorite Marine:PFC Jesse Gunstream II

>NO CONCIETE in your family, YOU Have it all <

SORRY on that one,, ,
    didn't see the #2, ,
    and you're a #4

Current City:Austin
    [QUOTE=m14ed;870519]

"Sh!t stinks, ,

??????? Really ????????

And living in Mommy's Basement. (Probibly rent free, with meals and laundry included)
    That's ok "Studley"

"Tell it to the Marines"

NOT

Tell it to the boots

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Give the boy some credit, maybe he will surprize you and the bride. Negativity does no one any good.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes Maam maybe You'll be the Soon 2 B-Grandmother,of Triplet's all Girl's & They will all look like Her LMAO...Everything will be fine Lady...Least He didn't marry Carrvy

[QUOTE=m14ed;870519]

"Sh!t stinks, ,

??????? Really ????????

Perhaps you missed the point? It's just another way of saying that the "school of hard knocks" has a way of making people grow up.

That's ok "Studley"

Actually, I moved back to my house. Were I live with my wife and two kids. Who were the reason I joined the reserves, so I wouldn't uproot my pre-existing family. I haven't lived in "Mommy's Basement" since I left for college in 2002.

"Tell it to the Marines"

NOT

Tell it to the boots

We're hardly discussing his career choices here. I opened my soup cooler because I'm at the age where you come out of all the dumb mistakes you made when you were her stepsons age. And no, I didn't list myself as my favorite Marine. I listed my grandfather, out of respect, not being conceited. I listed a man who served his country honorably, was wounded on the beaches of Saipan, and who motivated me to finally become a Marine myself.

Anyway, carry on oldtimer. I'm done hijacking this thread.

Enough of the bickering....take it up in PM's. If you don't have anything to say that's helpful, then don't say anything at all.

Stop making excuses for him mom he will survive he is a marine!!
    You did your job raising him you are no longer responsiblr for him or his wife they decided to get married . So relax and enjoy your life mom. When i was his age i got into some financial trouble my mom said you have a job your an adult take care of it and i did,

goodluck mom and relax!!

Stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

Thread Information