Ship day at MEPS; Urine Test (Not drug related)
Create Post

Ship day at MEPS; Urine Test (Not drug related)

Hello Marines. I'm shipping out to Parris Island Monday, and I was wondering if they do the urine test at MEPS or at Parris Island. I've been hearing conflicting reports. The only reason I ask is because the first time I went to MEPS, I was DQ'd for sugar in my urine and had to wait months for a waiver after going to a doctor and proving my urine was fine.

I should be alright, but I'm just paranoid that sugar will show up again if tested at MEPS, and figure they would only test for drugs and not really anything else at Parris Island. Thank you for any answers.

Yes you do. It is either at MEPS or it is when you hit MCRD. Either way you will be submitting to a **** test.

And sugar? WTF kinda BS is that they dont test for sugar content, they do test for chemicals that make you pee clean.

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    Yes you do. It is either at MEPS or it is when you hit MCRD. Either way you will be submitting to a **** test.

And sugar? WTF kinda BS is that they dont test for sugar content, they do test for chemicals that make you pee clean.
    Yeah at MEPS they test for sugar and protein content I know for a fact (because these can mean possible medical problems). Not sure what they test for at the Island.

Testing for sugar in urine is for diabetes. Testing for protein in urine is not only for diabetes, but also for other medical conditions and kidney function tests.

Don't eat a bunch of candy bars or excess sugar. Eat normally the week leading up to your leaving, and make sure you are drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water a day.

But don't drink a ton of water before arriving at MEPS or boot camp or it will show as a dilute test, which is presumed it is dilute to mask drugs.

Just drink normally. Partying the night before can raise your blood sugar too

Thread Information