Need help picking an MOS?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Need help picking an MOS?

I'm 17 years old, going to sign up this summer before my senior year. I've narrowed the MOS I want down to 3 choices: Aviation Ordnance, Artillery, and Infantry. I'm not too sure which one I want to do. What do each of them do exactly, like what can you tell me about them? I want to know as much as possible. Which would you recommend? Thanks

AO- Load bombs on planes
    Arty- Depends canon shoots FOs drop the arty/air
    Infantry- Patrol and shoot people.
    What is it that you want to do? Do you want to be in the wing or the ground? That will narrow it down. Do you want to do all the fighting or support? For some odd reason I can not answer these questions for you. You're a big boy now and about to enlist in the gun club. Pick something that will make you happy for at least 4 years.

Also fill out your Fn profile. Quit being lazy or I'll find your IP trace it and go to your house and haze you. No seriously fill it out

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Okay, sorry I joined like 15 minutes ago lol I'll do that now .

Sounds like it's time for you to visit (not call) your local recruiter. They go to school and are trained to answer all your questions about the various MOS's. It's not only what you are interested in however; your ASVAB score will affect the MOS's you qualify for. The higher your ASVAB score, the more MOS's you'll qualify for. You can find study guides at your local library, bookstores, and on-line. Your recruiter will also give you a practice ASVAB test.

If you want to Kill something going infantry.

If, on the other hand, you want to sit in an air conditioned office and never touch a rifle, go weather.

Thread Information