1345 to 0321 ?
Create Post

Thread: 1345 to 0321 ?

1345 to 0321 ?

Good Afternoon Marines. I leave for recruit training this Sunday. Right now I am 1345 Combat Engineer Heavy Equipment Operator in the Reserves. I plan on putting in an active duty package when I reach my unit after initial training. Or if that doesn't pan out at least volunteer to deploy with an active unit. My recruiter has informed that this is the easiest way to go active. My question is whats the likely hood of me getting a chance to attend Recon school. I know that every one wants to be a Recon Marine (or at least I know many poolee's who do). I know that I can attain the physical scores and rifle qualifications to be eligible I'm very motivated to achieve this goal. I originally wanted an 03 contract but I was unable to get one. I'm not for sure if being a reserve hurt my chances of doing this. My plan was to finish school while being in the reserves. But things have changed since I enlisted and I'm not as concerned with school I just want to be a Marine. So my question is do I have a realistic goal? Can only active duty 03's be Recon? Or is it possible for me to make a switch sometime in the future?

Thank you for your time

Anything is possible, not everything is likely, though.

Think about this:

The Marine Corps is gonna spend some time, and some doe, ray, and me to get you fully trained to do the MOS of 1345.

They also have a plethora of semi-qualified 03 Marines aiming for your target.

So, with that in mind -- I'll turn it back on you -- Do you think the USMC is going to send you to "recon" school.

HINT --> The answer is back on my first sentence.

Good luck, though.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was a 1345, the chances of you going to Recon are slim to none as a 1345.

Thanks for the answers I appreciate it.
    ChuckH I've asked my recruiter for some information or specific information and all he said was operating heavy equipment. Will I strictly be doing that or do I have other things to look forward too? And what do you think about 1345? Did you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Anything is possible, not everything is likely, though.

Think about this:

The Marine Corps is gonna spend some time, and some doe, ray, and me to get you fully trained to do the MOS of 1345.

They also have a plethora of semi-qualified 03 Marines aiming for your target.

So, with that in mind -- I'll turn it back on you -- Do you think the USMC is going to send you to "recon" school.

HINT --> The answer is back on my first sentence.

Good luck, though.
    That makes sense. I will honor my commitment and be the best at the opportunities I am blessed to have. But I will still strive to accomplish my goals.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jdeel92 View Post
    That makes sense. I will honor my commitment and be the best at the opportunities I am blessed to have. But I will still strive to accomplish my goals.
    Thanks!
    It doesn't mean that you can't, or shouldn't seek out opportunities to get into recon. Typically if you are locked on and squared away good things tend to find you. Recon/MARSOC needs 1345's (although that does not mean you will be assigned to them) so you never know how things will look for you in a few years. Just don't expect the Corps to over extended itself for all your wishes.

Good luck

"I plan on putting in an active duty package when I reach my unit after initial training."

ahahahahaha oh wow.. that ain't happening bro. Activation orders cost money, which the Marine Corps doesn't have.

Thread Information