Operation Eastern Exit.Rescue Force of 51 Marines & 9 Navy Seals sent into Mogadishu
Create Post

Operation Eastern Exit.Rescue Force of 51 Marines & 9 Navy Seals sent into Mogadishu

Alot has been focused on Black Hawk Down.I am surprized that many people have not heard about this mission involving a combined rescue force of 51 U.S. Marines and 9 Navy Seals.This mission was the beginning of events that would lead to Operation Restore Hope and Black Hawk Down.On 2 January 1991 U.S. Ambassador to Somalia James K.Bishop makes the frantic call to Washington D.C. for rescue.A two ship task force is diverted from Operation Desert Shield and sent 1500 miles to Mogadishu Somalia to rescue the U.S. Embassy. Conditions on the ground in Mogadishu rapidly deterioate.On 5 January at 0247 am a heavily armed 60 man rescue force 51 Marines 9 Navy Seals are launched from the U.S.S. Guam in 2 Marine CH-53 helicopters at a distance of 466 nautical miles from Mogadishu in a attempt to reach the U.S. Embassy before it is to late.
    {http}nightmissiontomogadishu.com I encourage every Marine,former Marine,Navy Corpman to write a book about your experience in the Marines.If you were a part of this mission or have questions contact me at the12thmanfans@yahoo.com
    Sergeant LaLand

I was there lcpl/daniel yarbrough 1st battln second marines. I have dreams about that still it was so tense.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Home JarHead...GodBless Ya...Walk Tall Your In Giant Country...Semper Fi

it was the only excitement we had. and hell yes i remember that sunny stroll we did in the sand. we lost half the battalion. i remember there was this big dark green corpsmen that had this huge thumb and the rumor was if you dropped out he would check your temp with it in a bad spot. i remember when we stopped for a break . i passed out. i woke up it was dark and i thought i was left behind. luckily good old doc pool showed up with water and Motrin. the marine cure all pill

Thread Information