Question Marines.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Marines.

7125631335_e8ebd5e0ea_b.jpg

I want to know if theirs anything wrong with how this Marine is dressed.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Other than he's not in uniform?

Quote Originally Posted by ThisDayAMarine View Post
    Attachment 21897

I want to know if theirs anything wrong with how this Marine is dressed.

You're a Marine. You tell us.

Ok MOS4429. I believe that this of what appears to be a Marine needs to get a haircut and shave as well as removing his hands from his pockets.

In my time that would be a chitbird,Semper Fidelis.

Could be a civilian. Remember, we aren't the only ones out there wearing our MarPat and I am reasonably sure that if he was a Marine he would have been knifehanded back to MCRD when the first NCO walking by saw him.

Nope, nothing at all wrong. Looks like he just came inside the wire. If you look at his neck, he is probably a scout sniper, with the typical necklace. Looks like a Marine that definitely doesn't want to hear a bunch of bunk about a haircut and a shave. I would take a platoon of these 10 times over a bunch of well groomed fobbits.

Credits
    Savings
    Are we serious ?
    Is this a Marine ?

Agree with Mustang-- but -- minimum grooming standards apply

Does the "no Army gloves" (hands in the pockets rule) not apply in a combat zone? Maybe it's just too trivial to fuss about? This individual obviously is not trying to keep his hands warm.

I know certain things like saluting officers have practical reasons (you don't want to identify them to the enemy). Is putting your hands in your pockets in the same category as that, field hygiene, and uniform regs?

Certainly, some rules change from garrison to the field because of the circumstances.

Credits
    Savings
    We need to hear from a current Marine -/ Soldier
    Personal approach "in the field" would be different than in garrison

Of course no saluting- hands in pockets, well probably too well trained to allow yourself to slide that far --LOL

That's a Marine, and if he's wearing a frog suit. I forget what it stands for, but its fire retardant, unlike the usual cammies. His hands could be on his hips... I really can't tell. While deployed it can be hard to get a hair cut on a regular basis. After being outside the wire for days on end, more times than not, higher ups are going to cut you a little slack on your apperance. Check out some pictures of combat Marines from WWII, Korea, and Nam. You'll find unshaven and long haired Marines there as well. There are honestly bigger things to worry about, like keeping yourself and fellow Marines alive.

Grooming standards have there place and are enforced while deployed to combat zones, but like with many things, the situation will dictate. This has been my experience at least. Hope it helped a little.

country.jpg

Long, long ago...in a stinking cesspool far, far away....the grunts used to come into Da Nang and Chu Lai after weeks in the bush. They needed a beer, a shave, a beer, rest, a beer, a shower, a beer, clean utilities, a beer, treatment for foot rot, a beer, new socks, a beer, a haircut, a beer, and a hot meal followed by a beer or a few dozen. Hopefully you catch my drift here.

We all looked like crap back then....and few seasoned officers or SNCOs gave any of us any garbage. The standing orders were cover everyone's back and stay alive.

Last edited by DrZ; 05-03-12 at 08:28 AM.

DRZ. If only we had beer in country. Oh but we must be politicaly correct and respect the muslims and not consume alcohol. Even though theres a local ***** house less than 1k from the pb. And bars in kabul. Also there is nothing wrong with that Marine. Went months without a shower. Water shortages and no showers do that. I always babywiped though. With minimal/ no electricity and dirty scalp haircuts are avoided. Now when given the chance to go to a fob Ill take a haircut, shower, and enjoy some real food and a soda. For all the peacetime saltdogs out there.. Garrison BS is for garrison. Hands in pockets is acceptable as well. Its in country I can smoke outside too, dont even have to gather in a group at the smokepit because 1 motar round and well you can imagine that.

This Marine looks like he just rolled in off a bird or a truck from outside the wire. Look closer he's still dirty hasn't even had a chance to shower if there even is one where he's at. He's dirty nasty and tired. why blast a guy whose been doing his job for the past week as soon as he gets back?

Thread Information