24 Hours Countdown
Create Post

24 Hours Countdown

Hey boys and girls!

How about " Good Morning Marines "

So I've got less than 24 hours before I have to be at MEPS to get looked at once more before I ship and take care of the rest of the paper work and whatever it all takes.

I'm getting excited, nervous, sad, all kinds of mixed emotions. I'm 28 so I'm probably going to be one of the oldest guys there, and I also have a little baby boy whose 1st Bday I'm going to miss. I have another little guy on the way, whose Birth I might miss. So I have a lot on the line and making some big sacrifices, but that's part of what life is about right?
    Giving somethings up for the greater good? Providing my family with a better future. Make them proud. The training I will get I'm sure it will help with my life as well.

It's going to be quite the transition and It is definitely going to be hard for my wife and as well as me. But I've got to be strong and get through this next few months to make it to that next level and be a better man.

Any advice or thoughts appreciated.
    Thanks everyone and wish me luck!

Last edited by Rocky C; 05-01-12 at 02:28 PM.

Just keep focused and let everything take it's course. You will have to work harder than the kids 10 years your junior but if you want to be a Marine, you will be fine.

Good luck and make sure you come back when you earn your title.

Nervous is normal.

The guys that kicked in Bin Laden's door were nervous, too.

Success and failure are determined by how you deal with those nerves.

MEPS bites, but that's just part of the process. Get used to a lot of waiting.

And while you are waiting think about what it will be like for the rest of your life to be a United States Marine. You're going to be a better person, and so won't your kids.

Enjoy the ride.

ETA -- Get over the age thing, stop thinking about being an older guy, 28 is not old. You are going to bootcamp with a clean slate. Your age don't matter -- your performance does. Your age will matter at MOS school when you are the guy buying for the group But at boot camp, you arrive as a worthless maggot just like everyone else. Your age should only be an issue if you make it, or if you can't hang physically, but mentally it should be to your advantage. And bootcamp is 90% mental.

Last edited by thewookie; 04-30-12 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks DrZ and earning the title is the program I'm on =)

thewookie:
    Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. Physically I'm in pretty good shape and my work is very physical as well so that kept me in good shape as well. I'm a little concerned about the Ist, because they make you do it after you get through get poked at and all but like I'm concerned I'm also very confident that I'm going to do good and I'm going to give it my all to earn that title and make everyone proud

Credits
    Savings
    your getting in with 3 dependents and a 4th on the way?

2 Dependents and one on the way. I'm also reserves right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout3006 View Post
    2 Dependents and one on the way. I'm also reserves right now.
    LOL..older and a reservist? DI fodder! Stand by....harassment to commence immediately!

You will be fine.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good Luck Scout !!!

Thread Information