Asvab
Create Post

Thread: Asvab

Asvab

I just took the ASVAB I passed with a score of 38 I signed my reserve contract and I am in DEP already, now I got a ship date of 2012-11-05. I been out of high school for 5 years and starting college after I come back, I studied for the test but am not happy at all with my scores, is there a possibility of me being able to retake it with my recruiter or once am in???
    I read some post that you can retake it if the recruiter sees you could do better, is that true???

anyone?

Curious that no one answered this thread. Your recruiter can answer that for you. Your ship date is far out enough that you have sufficient time to study toward getting a higher score. There would be no purpose to taking the ASVAB after you are in, as it is the test used during the enlistment process to help determine what MOS would be a good match for you. You should already have a contract for a specific job prior to shipping to boot camp. Good luck to you!

Am going in as an 0311 but my worry is what if one day if want to do a lat move like a DI I would really like to do that someday but i need a higher GT score for that which I missed by one point. thats why i asked

First of all, you don't lat move to be a Drill Instructor.

Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions

MOS 0911 -- Drill Instructor

Type of MOS : FMOS
    Rank Range: SgtMaj/MGySgt to Sgt
    Job Description: Drill instructors supervise and instruct or assist in commanding and instructing a recruit platoon.

Job Requirements:

(1) Must meet the prerequisites prescribed in MCO 1100.76.

(2) At the master sergeant to sergeant level, complete Drill Instructor School.

(3) Once voided, this MOS may not be reassigned without prior approval from the CMC (MM)

Duties:

(1) SgtMaj/MGySgt to Sgt:
    • (a) Conducts recruit training for newly enlisted personnel following the recruit training schedules and orders.

(b) Instructs and assists in training basic combat tasks to recruits.

(c) Trains recruits in the fundamentals of' service life and the development in the recruit of discipline, physical fitness, pride, and love of the Marine Corps and country.

(d) Trains recruits in close order drill.

(e) Instructs in nomenclature, disassembly, assembly, and functioning of small arms and assists in marksmanship instruction.

(f) Instructs in general orders for sentinels, interior guard duty, personal hygiene, first aid, military bearing and neatness, and care of clothing and equipment.

(g) Lectures on Marine Corps history and tradition, customs of the service, military courtesy, and U.S. Navy Regulations.

(h) Assists in conduct of parades, reviews, and bayonet drill.
      (i) Maintains records and prepares reports.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0911.htm

Marine Corps (USMC) Enlisted Job Descriptions
      MOS 8511, Drill Instructor
      http://usmilitary.about.com/library/...obs/bl8511.htm

http://us

If you don’t lat move then is it a special duty assignment??? My question was that once am in the Marine Corp. If I wanted to do DI but if my GT score was too low could I retake the asvab once am in to get a higher GT score??? So I could qualify?

I believe you can retake the ASVAB after 30 days or 3 months. I don't remember which. Get in touch with your recruiter and tell him/her that you are interested in retaking the ASVAB to give you better options.

As far as the rest.... just get your scores and get into the Corps. All the rest would be conjecture since you have to become an E5 first and that takes a while in the reserves.

Thread Information