VA Disability and Food Stamps
Create Post

VA Disability and Food Stamps

Ok I have a question about my VA Disability. When I applied for Food Stamps they count my VA disability pay as my income. Which puts me over the limit on how much I make to receive assistance.

Do anyone know if VA Disability is counted as income for this purpose and the people at Job an Family dont know how to input my VA disability? A friend of mine receives SSID an that don't count against their Food Stamps.

I have asked around but no one seems to know the answer to this. I am receiving disability pay like SSID but Job an Family is treating it like military pension.

VA Disability pay is countable income for state and federal welfare/ food stamp programs. Go to www.va.gov for more information on your VA disability benefits.

I read somewhere a while back that congress was considering a proposal to offset social security income by subtracting any monthly disability income. Sucks to pay into social security your whole life and not receive the full entitlement because of work related or combat disability.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    How's about The Politician's whom are getting a Free Ride on Us whom Paid their Due's

Your social security income and any other pensions, retirement, annuities, etc are also used as countable income for va purposes when calculating any va disavility pension tht you are entitled to. If anypne has question on it then IM me.

Thread Information