questions about my first duty station/Okinawa - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Check out The Stage while you're there..O:

KOBE! What a place to eat! Thanks for the memory! I had forgotten about that place!

THere was a place called Sam's by the sea, great Kobe beef. Also just down the hill from Futenma, there was a place used to be about $6.00, you filled your bowl took it to the cook and he'd fire it up for you. Yakisoba and hot saki. Nuba one GI.

you guys are bringing back some good times for me. I'm ready to ship out again,only grand kids might not like it just remember "you get out of life what you put in to it" enjoy yourself. oh yeah THE STAGE......

What exactly is the stage? Okinawa is starting to sound pretty good. Praying that i'm not one of those 9,000 Marines being relocated.

TOP ,do you want in handle this one??

Quote Originally Posted by mexbearlll View Post
    you guys are bringing back some good times for me. I'm ready to ship out again,only grand kids might not like it just remember "you get out of life what you put in to it" enjoy yourself. oh yeah THE STAGE......
    mexbearIII, I'm with you! we'll start an old farts battalion! Show these young pups where and how to have a good time! OOH-RAH!

No problem, I was always told to use the buddy system while on liberty anyway. Where you at east coast? I'm in RENO.NV. Oh yeah the grandkids and I take a nap from 1300-1500,just to let you know lol........

Quote Originally Posted by mexbearlll View Post
    No problem, I was always told to use the buddy system while on liberty anyway. Where you at east coast? I'm in RENO.NV. Oh yeah the grandkids and I take a nap from 1300-1500,just to let you know lol........
    Southwest Virginia. So in the heart of the Appalachian Mtns. that rainwater runs in all direction out of the yard! LOL! About 15 minutes from VT. 45 minutes west of Roanoke.

Question Advice for first duty station (Okinawa)

I'm getting stationed there in a month and I was just wondering if I should do anything in preparation such as changing banks or phone companies.

Just take time to look around at something other than the bars, do the scuba and snorkeling. Meet some locals that aren't working for your entertainment. Tour the island,lots of History. Show them respect and they may open up a little.And swing through Henoko .see if I left any kids running around . They ought to be about 39 or 40 yrs. old now

Hey Jarhead 1975, the word Yakisoba stood out like a beacon. I was with 1st MAW
    Hqs in 64-65 and Yakisoba was my favorite dish. I used to sit and watch them make it in the small restaurants that would only seat 6 or 7 people on bar stools so it was easy to watch them fix it. I still prepare it at home a few times a year and still love it, always brings back found memories.

Thread Information