Knowledge Issue
Create Post

Thread: Knowledge Issue

Question Knowledge Issue

(Apologies if this has been covered. My search function won't work.)

Good afternoon, Marines.
    Some questions for you:

- What is the proper way to request to enter a room?
    (eg. Knock the wall then "Sir, Ross Fletcher requesting to speak with ______... Sir, request permision to enter."??

- Addressing multiple females?
    - Do I address poolees when I enter to say "Good (time of day) Gentlemen/Ma'am"?
    - Is there a specific book for Marine Corps knowledge I should buy/be assigned?

My recruiter was "in Massachusettes" the day of my second appointment(!), so I literally know nothing and will be PT'ing again with the Poolees. I prefer to not sound like a sh*tbird with my knowledge since Poolees have already took to me for guidance with motivation/physical gains.

Any other "need to knows" until I get settled?
    Much appreciated, Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by NewSchool View Post

IF the door is open, walk in,
    If the door is closed, turn the knob, then walk in,
    IF there is a sign on the door that says (ring bell before entering, Ring Bell)
    ,Knock=Knock

How would you address your mother or sister ?

- Do I address poolees when I enter to say "Good (time of day) Gentlemen/Ma'am"?
    You are kidding

Guidebook for Marines

this ain't brain surgery
    good luck

(Apologies if this has been covered. My search function won't work.)

Good afternoon, Marines.
    Some questions for you:

(eg. Knock the wall then "Sir, Ross Fletcher requesting to speak with ______... Sir, request permision to enter."??

My recruiter was "in Massachusettes" the day of my second appointment(!), so I literally know nothing and will be PT'ing again with the Poolees. I prefer to not sound like a sh*tbird with my knowledge since Poolees have already took to me for guidance with motivation/physical gains.

No you are a POOLEE not a recruit why would you request permission to enter a room? And no poolees are not Marines they do not rate a proper greeting of the day you wouldn't say good afternoon POOLEE or aye POOLEE. You should learn to say yes sir no sir aye sir to your recruiters that's about it they are marines they rate it not a POOLEE.

you ether have been or will be given a book on what you will be requied to know and achieve before leaving for Boot Camp, the rest your DI's will teach you,

Fair enough, Marines: Thank You.

At my Recruiting Station we practice responding as a recruit would: to prepare for bootcamp. As a "Guest", I found today that I'm not "required" to request to enter etc., but I've taken it upon myself to respond as a Poolee in preperation to eventually earn the Guide spot of my stations "platoon(?)". I have some distance to cover with knowledge (they said they'd issue eveything I need once I swear in), but I refuse to stand out in a negative manner beyond what will come after swearing in.

All advice is welcome and appreciated.
    Good afternoon

I wouldnt stress out about it. Just show up for your DEP functions, PT, and be respectful. If you want to know Marine Corps knowledge, just google Marine Corps History, or look up the Commandants Reading list. Go to the book store and pick up a book about Marine Corps history, it will give you plenty of the knowledge you need, and learn the rank struture, of ALL THE BRANCHS! Marines, Army, Navy, and Air Force. Semper.

Credits
    Savings
    m14ed
    Marine

ReasonPost was flagged and reported by members for inappropriate answers.

Emily Post ,
    wouldn't have found a problem with the honest answer i gave this youngster .

I hope he did have a chance to read it, before some newbie deleted it..........
    I also think it is a shame that a "Moderator" agreed with the "member" that reported the advise as INAPPROPIATE .

*If possible, I request/give permission for all posts to go untouched.*

- I'm a big boy, I believe whatever information or insults that are said can be displayed as the poster intended without hurting my feelings.
    - If false information, then I'm sure the effort spent to delete a post could be used to correct it(?)
    - I understand there are forum rules, but I don't see how deleting a relevant (assuming: didn't get to read m14ed's post) answer of any mood could help.

Thank You

*If possible, I request/give permission for all posts to go untouched.*

- I'm a big boy, I believe whatever information or insults that are said can be displayed as the poster intended without hurting my feelings.
    - If false information, then I'm sure the effort spent to delete a post could be used to correct it(?)
    - I understand there are forum rules, but I don't see how deleting a relevant (assuming: didn't get to read m14ed's post) answer of any mood could help.

Thank You
    Sorry,but you are not a Marine.The MODS are required to preform certain functions and if you or any member does not agree,you are free to PM Shaffer.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    NewSchool
    It has NOTHING to do with you giving permission to edit or not edit yours or any one Else's post.
    This is the only area that is sponsored and paid for by an outside entity.
    The standing rule for ALL Mods and Squad Leaders is any answer must be direct and to the point.
    Any comments or answers that are not directly and to the point will be deleted.
    That's the site owners rule not ours.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks Chuck.
    Your post saved me from a whole lot of typing.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Thank you, Sir(s)

I actually had no idea that there were rules by the external support system besides the MODs. Also if there seemed to be any hint of frustration/disrespect in my tone I assure you it was only a thirst for Marine wisdom. I appreciate the correction as it only makes me better informed.

Good evening, Gentleman
    -p.s. anyone know what the multiple for Ma'am is? I actually have asked Marines in person and they seemed confused. The best I could come up with is saying "Marines".

ladies

Thank you, Sir(s)

I actually had no idea that there were rules by the external support system besides the MODs. Also if there seemed to be any hint of frustration/disrespect in my tone I assure you it was only a thirst for Marine wisdom. I appreciate the correction as it only makes me better informed.

Good evening, Gentleman
    -p.s. anyone know what the multiple for Ma'am is? I actually have asked Marines in person and they seemed confused. The best I could come up with is saying "Marines".
    You would greet multiple female officers as "proper greeting of the day" ladies/ multiple female enlisted marines as ladies both the same..you do not need to greet any poolee / poolees as anything but poolee or poolees

Thread Information