This is so wrong, on so many levels!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

This is so wrong, on so many levels!

http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...military-power

How can we as a nation have a "strong" military when the Gov't is taking what we need to keep most? Feet on the ground! Or does the Gov't intend, when something happens, and it will, to impose the Draft again?

I say "when" not "if". Iraq has already begun to de-stabilize. We still need to protect from those who would visciously impose their will upon the population.

Too much is going on to not keep what we have, much less to not increase what we have. There's too much going on to spread ourselves so thin we leave ourselves open for other's.

jclarke, how about filling out more of your profile besides a first and last name, site rules....which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.

Credits
    Savings
    I'm sorry, I thought I had.

Quote Originally Posted by jclarke View Post
    http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...military-power

How can we as a nation have a "strong" military when the Gov't is taking what we need to keep most? Feet on the ground! Or does the Gov't intend, when something happens, and it will, to impose the Draft again?

I say "when" not "if". Iraq has already begun to de-stabilize. We still need to protect from those who would visciously impose their will upon the population.

Too much is going on to not keep what we have, much less to not increase what we have. There's too much going on to spread ourselves so thin we leave ourselves open for other's.
    got me on that one,, i have been trying to figure that one out myself,, and ol' Leon, wants to go even further

Predator drones and laser canons on satellites will provide the firepower in the future. Robots will do the groundwork. Remotely operated vehicles with multiple munitions. Bombers with smart bombs with extended ranges. Let's face it....humans are becoming obsolete on the battlefield. Pretty soon, technology will rule completely and the only necessary humans will be those who operate and repair the technology. Don't you guys look at the internet or watch science fiction movies? I'm just kidding about all of this, of course, but wouldn't it be great to put fewer, or none, of our nation's children in harm's way? Ah, the times they are a-changin'.

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YLDNDN6 View Post
    Predator drones and laser canons on satellites will provide the firepower in the future. Robots will do the groundwork. Remotely operated vehicles with multiple munitions. Bombers with smart bombs with extended ranges. Let's face it....humans are becoming obsolete on the battlefield. Pretty soon, technology will rule completely and the only necessary humans will be those who operate and repair the technology. Don't you guys look at the internet or watch science fiction movies? I'm just kidding about all of this, of course, but wouldn't it be great to put fewer, or none, of our nation's children in harm's way? Ah, the times they are a-changin'.
    All great ideas, until the battery's run dry....

Quote Originally Posted by YLDNDN6 View Post
    i don't know about that,, i was just watching a Babalon5 episode on my computer and they still have to fly the fighters,

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Just wait until all of this wonderful technology is hacked by someone else, that will turn the tides very quickly or they become self aware...

Credits
    Savings
    That's the thing there FoxTrot, hacking! Ever since the 386's were out, people began hacking, just to do it. Now it's a worldwide industry. We have to watch our bank accounts (there's malware out now that will take your $$, and leave no trace), hacking smartphone's is becoming more popular (Android's especially). People in China and Europe actively hack our security and financial systems. And now the drone (altho' I'm doubtful about that) in Iran.

All one has to do is know/understand code, and be willing to sit for hour's at a time to find a "way in", and begin taking. If we leave it all up to equipment that is computer operated via a human on a "gamepad", well, we may not get into "Terminator" type problem's, but perhaps worse?

Even tho' I'm a civvie, I believe boot's and eye's on the ground are our best option's. At least they can't be "hacked".

No technology will ever replace Marine Corps Infantry and the guts and the nerves of steel behind our weapons.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool ALIEN's and Space Marines

Their ain't No Robot nor there ever Will B-One that will Plant this after tha BATTLE...But a Marine 0311

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    Just wait until all of this wonderful technology is hacked by someone else, that will turn the tides very quickly or they become self aware...

FO,, you mean like that latest version Stealth Drone they captured in IRAN ???

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That Drone was a Plant purpossely Lost in IRAN By The C I A,It uses OBSOLETE Materials...To make them think the Total opposite of What our Capibilities actually Are...It's PSYCH Op's and Old NSA...TRICK

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    No technology will ever replace Marine Corps Infantry and the guts and the nerves of steel behind our weapons.

No, I don't think it ever will. It may help reduce our exposure time to hostile fire, may make our job a little easier...but in the end it always comes down to rooting them out with rifles and frags.

6 guys with infrared lasers for terminal guidance works well in the frontier...but it doesn't always fit the tactical picture.

Marine artillery will always lead the way,Semper Fidelis.

Thread Information