RE-4 needs information on reenlisting
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was discharged for weight control in Dec 05 with an Re-4. Is there any way to reenlist if I am within standards??

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    RE- 1
    Eligible for reenlistment
    RE-1A
    Eligible for reenlistment
    RE-2
    Ineligible for reenlistment. Recommended for reenlistment but ineligible because of status: Fleet Reservist Retired (except for transfer to TDRL), Commissioned Officer. Warrant 0fficer, Midshipman, Cadet.
    RE-3A
    Failure to meet area aptitude prerequisites. Fully qualified for enlistment, provided mental criteria of table 2-1 are met. Alien.
    RE-3B
    Restricted assignment. Parenthood. Pregnancy.
    RE-3C
    Reenlistment authorized by CMC only. Ineligible for enlistment, unless waiver is granted. Conscientious Objector.
    RE-3D
    Failure to meet disciplinary standards. Ineligible for enlistment, unless waiver is granted. Demonstrated dependency or hardship not meeting criteria specified in Bupersman article C-10308.
    RE-3E
    Failure to meet education prerequisites. Fully qualified for enlistment provided education criteria is met. Erroneous induction.
    RE-3F
    Erroneous enlistment.
    RE-3G
    Condition (not physical disability) interfering with performance of duty.
    RE-3H
    Hardship
    RE-3K
    Disenrolled from Naval Academy, not considered qualified for enlisted status.
    RE-3M
    Marriage
    RE-3N
    Importance to national health, safety or interest.
    RE-3P
    Physical disability (includes discharge and transfer to TDRL). Obesity. Motion sickness. Disqualified for officer candidate training.
    RE-3R
    Rank reappointment restriction. Ineligible for reenlist unless wavered
    RE-3R
    Professional growth criteria. Ineligible for reenlist unless wavered
    RE-3S
    Sole surviving son
    RE-3T
    Overweight
    RE-3U
    Minority
    RE-4
    Not recommended for reenlistment

--------------------------------------------------------------

You say it was for weight? hummm?

Talk to a Recruiter about it, ok?

right now all branches have been meeting the mark for recruiting goals. With the exception of the USMCR_reserve. Your RE4 is waiverable but it is going to be tough, very tough. Your prior service record is really going to come into play, they are going to ask why did you let yourself go etc. If you had good marks and fit reps for the most part and now you are back in shape and ready to go you can appeal to the Recruiting command in your personal statement and hope for the best. If an re code waiver doesnt go through I have lawyer who can get you back in 99.9% gaurenteed. This guy is an animal and is great. He will set you up with a packet to get your re-4 overturned or upgraded through bcnr. He has had more success with bncr than any other lawyer. The down fall it cost 3k to retain and for him to represent you. good luck bro, Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC oo-rah
    I was discharged for weight control in Dec 05 with an Re-4. Is there any way to reenlist if I am within standards??
    You missed the point! RE3T is for over weight! Not RE4! Something else is there, I'm telling you! Something else is there! The Corps don't give a RE4's without good cause!

But I will concede that he may get his RE code updated, but good luck with that, it all depends on what the OTHER was!

Motox151,
    Did this animal of a lawyer get you back in, or did he just take your $3,000.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by motox151
    right now all branches have been meeting the mark for recruiting goals. With the exception of the USMCR_reserve. Your RE4 is waiverable but it is going to be tough, very tough. Your prior service record is really going to come into play, they are going to ask why did you let yourself go etc. If you had good marks and fit reps for the most part and now you are back in shape and ready to go you can appeal to the Recruiting command in your personal statement and hope for the best. If an re code waiver doesnt go through I have lawyer who can get you back in 99.9% gaurenteed. This guy is an animal and is great. He will set you up with a packet to get your re-4 overturned or upgraded through bcnr. He has had more success with bncr than any other lawyer. The down fall it cost 3k to retain and for him to represent you. good luck bro, Semper Fi
    I see a lot of Buts, whys, ifs,and hope, then I see downfall! WTF, did he get you back in? Not according to your profile!

re-4 re enlistment

yeah generally you dont get an re-4 rating unless you have thoroughly ****ed someone off.not only are they telling you to go away,but dont come back

I am working with him right now. My case is going to end up costing me between 5 and 8k. Once we get the report back from the Inspector General(USMC) we can then schedule our Federal Court date. This lawyer is probably the top in the country with ucmj affairs. He has more board decisions overturned than anyone. Ill spend every last dime I have to fight what happend to me. Anyway, if this Marine was discharged for weight issues he should have been givin and re-3 for weight control . If his story is straight to the point I would recomend hitting up your prior service recruiting office for reserve's or any active duty recruiter to go back active. Have a waiver packet run through cmc and hope for the best. Either way I hope it works out for you.

There is nothing else. I have all the paperwork to prove it. I failed the weight control program and I received an RE-4 discharge. My fit reps are outstanding, except for the weigth control issue.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Finish your profile so we have more to go on, we're shooting blind here marine!

re-3p here-wounded in action,retired,went to PDRL from day one.

info needed

Quote Originally Posted by bdfairchild View Post
    Motox151,
    Did this animal of a lawyer get you back in, or did he just take your $3,000.

Hey devil Dog, if you still have that lawyers info , can you pass it down the ladder ,I need to talk to (them). I greatly appreciate it. I have an OTH w/ re-4 and need someone with experience in this matter. Thanks again..

Just a little insight from one who knows, an RE-4 is a black flag for any branch. Once a recruiter sees that 4 they will immediately turn you down. RE-4 is only given to the lowest of the low meaning you ****ed up bad. BUT they do make mistakes with that code, depending on the admin doing your paper work.

In my case I was given an honorable discharge with a RE-4 which doesn't match up. A SSgt I knew informed me I could get it changed to the proper RE code. I submitted my the necessary paperwork and it was changed to a RE-3P, my discharge was for my knees. So it is possible but very rarely does it happen and it only happens if the code was incorrect. They wont change it because you've changed your life around or any crap like that, you get what you earned.

Ruf is correct. There are a few Marines here who've successfully managed to get their codes upgraded, but it was ONLY because of administrative errors that MIS characterized their actual term of service. IF you have an OTH then an RE-4 is what you'll get even if you've become a priest. Attempting to upgrade the OTH will be futile if it was awarded based on court action, or based on repeated Art 15's/NJP's, etc. It just won't happen.

See I left with an honorable and have an RE3O which is not listed above. I got that because when I was getting out, I came under orders and had to refuse the orders to process my EAS paperwork.

7 years later I am trying to get back on active duty in the Corps. Since then I spent 6 years in the Army reserves and discharged Honorably. I wonder if I still have the same RE3O code?

Thread Information