Marine Recon Day to Day Life
Create Post

Marine Recon Day to Day Life

So, im currently in the process of enlisting, filling out paperwork, and will go in as an 03xx. I know I still have to go through bootcamp and all that but theres no reason why I shouldnt be informed and speculate now about future choices since I have the time. I just want to know how life is for a recon marine if I manage to find myself down that path. I know after SOI you would go to BRC and then get assigned to your duty station and go on to take various other schools, but how is life after all that, or even in between while you are waiting for a slot in one of those schools. Ive read that Infantry life (when not deployed) is like a normal job, 7:30am to 5:00pm day, then you get liberty the rest of the day and on weekends. Is this what id expect from a Recon position as well or is it different? And regarding deployments, do Recon battalions deploy more often or are they on the same type of schedule as regular Infantry (i.e. 7 months deployed, 14 months stateside, alternating the three battalions). Thanks in advance

(I am wondering about battalion recon mostly, since ive heard force recon is more time consuming)

ether way you better be ready for a life of hard training long and rigorous, little r&r at least for the first yr or so,, at least that is what i was told by a friend who was in recon, and you have to maintain top physical condition, you would have to be totally dedicated to it, they are very picky as to who they pick now a days,

Thread Information