Transportation around Southern California? (during boot camp leave)
Create Post

Question Transportation around Southern California? (during boot camp leave)

Hello Marines and Poolees.
    I would like to know if anyhone here knows a cheap and efficient way to get about Southern California for my 10 days of leave after boot camp. I plan on buying a ticket ($192) that allows me to visit Knott's Berry Farm, SD Zoo, and SeaWorld in 3 days. What I'm looking for is a cheap way to get from San Diego to Anaheim (where Knott's Berry Farm is). Once I'm in Anaheim I'll figure it out from there.

If possible please let me know a cheap way to go from MCRD SD/SD Intl. Airport to Sea World to SD Zoo (in any order).

P.S. Please do not recommend walking.
    Hopefully some of the answers will help out other recruits/poolees as well.

-Thank You

Credits
    Savings
    Best bet ? Greyhound . Rode many greyhound busses back in the day,If I remember correctly ? its about 75/85 miles between the two cities you mention. Or was it 35 to Diego from Pendleton and 80+ from pendleton to L.A.

The train is cheapest $27 one way to Anaheim,trolley at Washington St. not far from MCRD SD to Amtrak station.

Bus and trolley easy access to Sea World.

Last edited by DanM; 04-17-12 at 06:52 PM. Reason: added info

Rent a car. There are some companies that rent cars dirt cheap. I rented a Ford Pinto back in the day...probably cheap because they are bombs on wheels, literally speaking, if you were rear-ended.

Sometimes there are age restrictions. Check it out ahead of time and shop around.

Thank you Marines for answering, especially DanM. I went to the amtrack website and apparently there are bus stations at Sea World, SD Zoo, and Anaheim like you said. Now I know a way to get around, hopefully it and everything else won't break the bank.

Thread Information