03xx??
Create Post

Thread: 03xx??

03xx??

I am a poolee and I leave in september, I signed for 03xx thinking it was going to be an exciting MOS but then I started to think about the trade for civilian life after my contract is up and what jobs can I get though infantry? I ended up talking to my recruiter and changed my MOS and im waiting to see which of my 3 choises I got, is there any way I can change back to infantry? Or should I just say forget it and go with what ever I get? Any advice will do, Thanks

Closed for now.

Fill out your profile as per site rules and I'll open it back up.

Changing MOS in the DEP

I signed up 03xx but after a lot of thinking I decided to ask if I can switch MOS and they told me yes, took my infantry spot and gave me a list of choices and I honestly didn't like any of the choices but I had to chose the best 3 (or so I thought) I ended up choosing Nuclear Biological Chemical, Logistics, Aviation Electronic tech... Aviation Electronic tech isn't too bad but I wanted something that had me out in the field and I can still get a good career out of it for life after the Marine Corps, I haven't found out what MOS I got yet but if I don't get Aviation Electronics Tech would it be possible to change my MOS again? Or is one time the official limit?

Profile filled out....topic opened. And I merged both of your topics together.

Thank you

If you want to be out in the field but can't be a grunt, try either Combat Engineer (I'm a grunt and I patrol with CEs), Security Forces (You can do 2 years as that then you become an 03xx).

Really? I didn't know that Thanks I'll ask if its avaliable, but do you think I'll be able to switch MOS again?

I would suggest you ask yourself a few hard questions - why are you enlisting in the Marine Corps? What do you hope to gain? Are you joining to learn a skill for the civilian world, or are you just being cautious to see what skills may go with certain MOSs? What do you want to be doing 10 years from now?

Seriously, I'm not trying to be jerk here - but the way you answer those questions can help you decide what MOS would be better.

And don't be misled - being an 03XX can teach you a ton of marketable skills for the civilian world that have nothing to do with carrying a gun.

Being a Grunt was my choice even though I had two others, It was my top choice.

You will have a good life after the Marines, why because you know how to follow and give orders and lead from the front.

From Pvt to Sgt Major, we are taught that at all times.

You learn alot being a Grunt and get to cross train with others.

You will sit down with other Marines with different MOS and ask question, learning more. Ive done this with Admin, TMO, Supply, STA Plt, NBC, Combat Camera etc.

Plus you can cross deck to another MOS later in your career.

As the saying goes "THE MORE YOU LEARN, THE MORE YOU KNOW".

S/F,
    CEYA!

Bro, go infantry. Its 4 years, but honestly why not just get a recon contract? Thats where the action is! Kind of. Just trust me they get treated like big boys you can always go to college after with gi bill

Thread Information