Communications MOS
Create Post

Communications MOS

Good afternoon Gentleman,

I will jumping down the rabbit hole on May 7th and starting my new life. Id like to ask currently active and inactive Marines how they view/ed there Communications MOS in terms of what they did and saw in the field, as well as how they used there vocation in the civilian world. Thankyou, I pledge allegiance UNDER GOD...

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    1. There are Men and Women Marines on this Forum.
    2. I wouldn't call it " Jumping down the Rabbit hole " if you want some serious answers.
    3. To answer your question, I cannot. I was a Comm Marine but I had a TSSC.

Good luck to you.

Rhode Island, please disregard my salutations in my original post. They were insensitive. As far as the "rabbit hole" reference, that was merely an idiom, used to describe an awesome upcoming event. I'm am not familiar with your abbreviated Comm. job as you stated in your reply. Please explain.

TSSC - top secret security clearance

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank you Top .

JMcHugh1012,The communications fields vary greatly as to what type of work you will be doing, where you will be doing it, and the level of security clearance you may need. Rhode Island and I both worked in what is now called the 2600 field, where we were required to have a Top Secret security Clearance. Having had that level of clearance means that we are not allowed to divulge ANYTHING about our work, even though the details of which have probably long been declassified. There may be Marines here who had the same MOS as you, and may not be able to say anything either. It is the nature of the business. My advice to you is to put all of your thought and energy into getting through boot camp, earning the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, and moving on from there. You will be taught everything you need to know about your MOS when the time comes. Best of luck to you, young man!

Thread Information