Searching for Sgt. Brian Nelson
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Searching for Sgt. Brian Nelson

I've been pleading my case to pretty much anyone who will listen. I met Brian about 12 years ago, and we became something comparable to pen pals before drifiting apart. A couple of years went by before I got the letter, sent to me from Parris Island, from Brian, beginning with "I don't know if you remember me..." It took me too long to reply and he'd graduated by the time I did, so my letter was returned to me unopened. This is in 2002/2003.

I've spent the better part of this decade trying to track him down, calling in every favor with every military personnel I know. Recently I came across an article in his college newspaper, indicating some work he was doing at Camp Leatherneck, and while it clearly didn't put me in touch with him, it was the most substantial thing I'd come across in locating him. There was a photo with the article as well, and I cried like a little girl to see him for the first time in over 10 years, even if I wasn't really seeing him.

That being said, is there anyone, anyone at all, who knows Sgt. Brian Nelson, who can possibly give me some guidance on how I could get in contact with him?

Thank you.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hmmm.

If you read an article about him in his College newspaper, one would think to contact the College for a forwarding address. It came from somewhere.

I'll keep this Thread open since you do have a Complete profile, You are looking for a Marine and Posted in the correct Forum Thread.

Perhaps someone can shed more light for whom you are seeking.

Good luck to you.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The article was pulled from an energy and environment journal. I've already tried the alumni association, and they stated they can't give any personal info out, but they'll forward my request to someone else.

I'm this close to looking up every Nelson in his home town, to find a relative. I don't even know why this matters to me so much. It just really bothers me that there's even a possibility he may think I never got his letter or that I just didn't respond.

Thank you for your well wishes.

Thread Information