Disqualified in 2003.
Create Post

Disqualified in 2003.

Good morning everyone.

I went through the sticky's and used the search function to find an answer to my question, however I found none. I was hoping a recruiter could answer this question for me.

I attempted to enlist in the Marine Corps in January of 2003 when I was 17 (I am 26 now, I'll be 27 in May), in High School. At the time I disclosed at MEPS that I was diagnosed with asthma as a child (earlier than 13 I believe). I told the doctors that it was misdiagnosed (it was) and a few weeks later after being diagnosed with asthma doctors found out I had walking pneumonia. I was treated, and the problem corrected. I also explained I exercised normally, ran, don't need or have been prescribed an inhaler, etc (same line I seen on other posts). I was of course given a permanent DQ.

Life went on for me. I graduated high school, went to college for a bit, and subsequently started a career in Law Enforcement as a Deputy Sheriff for a large agency which I have done for the past 6.5 years. For about the past year I have thought about checking into enlisting again to see if things have changed and if it would be possible now (a bit over nine years later).

My question is, would it be possible for me to enlist now, in the Reserves? Or does the permanent DQ still stand? I tried to hunt some information on my situation and I couldn't find any. Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    The only one that can answer the question honestly is a recruiter.....

Go see one and take ALL your new information with you.

Other than that for this question all you will get is speculations and predictions because no one here can say what MEPS or a recruiter would say.

Hurry up because you still have time...but you are playing with age.....

Good luck!

Go see a recruiter.

Don't call, don't text, don't facebook him seriously, take the time and walk in their office and tell them the whOle scoop.

Good luck, father time is gonna pass you up....

Thread Information