whats wrong with this pic?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

can anyone guess whats wrong with this pic?

no name stamp on Pyles shirt..

Credits
    Savings
    guy in bravos ribbons are crooked, and his french fortege is crossing his body,

Quote Originally Posted by FaDeD View Post
    guy in bravos ribbons are crooked, and his french fortege is crossing his body,
    close. it has something to do with his ribbons.

If that is the french fourragère, color seems to be wrong, not only is he wearing it incorrectly but he would not be authorized to wear it as the Fighting 5th Marines were in Nam at the time. Only those currently assigned to the regiment would be authorized to wear the decoration and in the Nam we were in combat the entire period the regiment was there.

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    When wearing uniforms with ribbons, Carter often wears an Army Good Conduct Medal ribbon (which is awarded for serving at least 2 years or one year in combat). This is probably an homage to actor Frank Sutton's WWII Army service. However, he does not wear a Marine Corps Good Conduct Ribbon, which is authorized for 3 years of active service. As a Gunnery Sergeant and Drill Instructor, he would have served over 3 years active as a Marine - hence, earning the award

Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    When wearing uniforms with ribbons, Carter often wears an Army Good Conduct Medal ribbon (which is awarded for serving at least 2 years or one year in combat). This is probably an homage to actor Frank Sutton's WWII Army service. However, he does not wear a Marine Corps Good Conduct Ribbon, which is authorized for 3 years of active service. As a Gunnery Sergeant and Drill Instructor, he would have served over 3 years active as a Marine - hence, earning the award
    He does have the marine corps good conduct medal with a silver star. Its visible in the pic,also on a wikipidia page that shows what ribbons he wears. Good guess but thats still not what is incorrect with the ribbons.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    If that is the french fourragère, color seems to be wrong, not only is he wearing it incorrectly but he would not be authorized to wear it as the Fighting 5th Marines were in Nam at the time. Only those currently assigned to the regiment would be authorized to wear the decoration and in the Nam we were in combat the entire period the regiment was there.
    That's not a pougie rope. It's a pistol lanyard that MPs used to wear.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Has the WWII Victory Medal ribbon but none of the campaign ribbons

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    That's not a pougie rope. It's a pistol lanyard that MPs used to wear.
    I never got to wear either Chris, while with the 5th or as an MP we just wore the white web gear with no lanyard.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckH View Post
    Has the WWII Victory Medal ribbon but none of the campaign ribbons
    thats actually another error. By the beginning of the series, Carter had been in the Marine Corps for 16 years, which means he would have entered the service in 1948, cut off date for the WWII victory medal was Dec 31 1946, thereby not making him eligible for that particular medal.

The error that I originally posted about was...the Korean presidential unit citation is senior to the united nations service medal and would thereby be placed BEFORE the UN service medal on the rack. Im surprised because whoever was in charge of continuity of stuff like that got everything else right in order of ribbon seniority but dropped the ball on that

Yup...LOL. Had I got to this earlier it's the first thing I would have said that jumped out at me.

This is absolutely cracking my heart. Yeah, get me out of here. Kitchen Quality cabinets

Your first post and it's spam? I don't think so....further, the pic doesn't exactly match your listed 'ethnicity'....and if you are 'still in service' you must be the OLDEST E-1 Private in the Corps.

Goodbye spamturd.

A couple things jump right out at me when I look at this pic. First, Pyle has his cover jammed so far down onto his melon that it loses its shape. And second....well...uhhhh....he's gay.....

Thread Information