Drinking and Okinawa/oversea's duty
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Drinking and Okinawa/oversea's duty

Been awhile since I've been on, but I have a concern, question. Why are our young Marine's "permitted" to drink on the island of Okinawa? I know young people, Marine's or not, will try or do much of what they'd not do at home. But at 18-19-20 they can drink?

Isn't there a concern that they may "pick up" a bad habit, or worse, become an alcoholic? Or is this "allowed" to see who takes how much rope to hang their career?

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I should add it's not that we don't want our Marine to enjoy his tour over there. But, 6 shots of Saki, then several mixed drinks after?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If they can go to war, then they sure as heck earned the right to drink at that age.
    I did the same thing when I was there in 69... I turned out ok...

62---63 I did my share Okinawa, Japan, the Phillipines and Hong Kong. 13 months was along time to be away from home at 18, made the tour more palatable. Also did my share 67--68 Viet Nam, short stays Okinawa, Japanand the Phillipines. Left the Wife who was pregnant and a almost 2yr old at home, another 13 month tour although I was 23/24 that time. I have done well with my life. 3 sons 12 grandchildren.

Thread Information