Marine Corps swim qualification.
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Marine Corps swim qualification.

Hello!
    I was looking at the swim qualification for the Marine Corps and I believe I have a shot at getting first class. I was a lifeguard for 4 years and I swam on a swim team for 12 years.
    I was wondering. How would getting a first class swim qualification benefit me? Would it be more of a "bragging" right thing or something I could use?

I know swimming with full combat gear is diferent than just wearing swim shorts but like I said I think I have a shot.
    My contract is the Infantry Option and I was told I will be in the security forces for 2 years before being sent to a grunt unit. Thanks!

Don't think it will benefit you a whole lot in boot camp. It will go down in your record book as swim qual: 1st Class. I was 3rd Class, and that didn't work against me, still graduated meritorious pfc due to squad leader.

Maybe later at your command it might be an asset. Not sure if they use swim qual classifications in cutting score or not.

The only person I know that it benefited was a buddy of mine. He was 1st class and when he was stationed in Okinawa, he was assigned as a lifeguard. Rough I tell ya.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Ok thanks! Ill just try my best and see what happens after that.

Thread Information