Five Kingdom Steps to Fixing Your Money Thing
SUBMITTED BY GARY KEESEE ON MARCH 9, 2012 - 11:47AM
[IMG]file:///C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image002.gif[/IMG]
To fix the money thing in your life, you need to understand how the laws of God’s Kingdom function and the progressive steps associated with those laws. Although I will lay out at least some basics that you can begin to apply in your finances, I encourage you to search the Bible yourself.

To understand these principles, we’ll begin by looking at the story of Jesus feeding the 5,000. But to begin, I want to take you forward in His life just a bit and pick up some insights in the story we find in Mark 8.

The disciples had forgotten to bring bread, except for one loaf they had with them in the boat.

Be careful,” Jesus warned them. “Watch out for the yeast of the Pharisees and that of Herod.” They discussed this with one another and said, “It is because we have no bread.”
Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked them: “Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not see or understand? Are your hearts hardened? Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don’t you remember? When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?” “Twelve,” they replied. “And when I broke the seven loaves for the four thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?” They answered, “Seven.” He said to them, “Do you still not understand?”

Notice, Jesus was bringing their attention and remembrance a story of provision – abundant provision. He pointed them back to two instances of miraculous provision. Jesus was saying, “Don’t you remember?”

Now, let’s look back at what Jesus was telling them to remember. First, we need to realize that there were thousands of people in lack at that moment. If you were asked to feed 20,000 people and you had nothing, you’d have to agree that would be a sizable task. I doubt your financial situation is that intimidating at this moment. But even if it is, we have a clear illustration in the Bible that shows us that the Kingdom of God is able to meet the need.

Jesus said, “Remember,” so we’re going to have to dissect the incident of the feeding of that massive crowd. When faced with the need, what did Jesus do? Let’s carefully note each of these steps:

1. Find some of what you need.
This is the first step in operating by Kingdom laws. Jesus identified something that they currently had that could be put under the government of God. Once that asset was transferred to God’s domain, He would then have legal access to multiply of affect change with it.

Jesus took lunch that was barely enough for one person and blessed it. He consecrated it, separated it, and brought it under the domain of the Kingdom of God. Then, and only then, was the lunch able to multiply for the people.

When you have need in the area of provision, find something of what you have need of to sow into the Kingdom. Jesus taught continually about giving in this way. For example, Luke 6:38 says, “Give, and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over shall men give unto your bosom. And with the same measure that you give, it shall be given unto you.”

2. Release it into the Kingdom of God with your words.
The second principle we need to follow from the story is bringing what we have need of under the dominion of the Kingdom of God with our words, just like Jesus did.

To do this, you simply do what Jesus did. You lay your hands on your gift, and you speak over it. You pray, and release it into the Kingdom of God with your words. Remember, God created everything with words, and we have the power of God backing our words.

3. Pay attention to the plan of the Holy Spirit.
God can’t bring you any money. It isn’t in heaven. It’s in the marketplace. So the Holy Spirit has to show you where it is. By giving you an idea, a plan, a direction, or a concept, He can show you how to capture what you need. In the story, Jesus gave them a plan. “Have the people sit down in groups,” He said, “and begin to pass out the bread.”

4. Act quickly.
When you receive direction from the Holy Spirit, don’t just sit and think about it. Get up and do it. Don’t procrastinate. Because once the plan is revealed to you, the enemy can also see it. That’s why, many times, God doesn’t give you the entire picture of your answer until the very moment of harvest, because you may begin to say too much about it and the enemy can pick up on it and bring interference.

5. Gather the fragments.
God will point out the things that are typically overlooked. When the disciples fed all of the people on the hillside that day, the Bible says they were all satisfied. Then Jesus said, “Go pick up the fragments, less anything be wasted.” And they picked up 12 basketfuls of pieces.

Feeding the 20,000 was quite a feat, but that wasn’t all Jesus wanted to see happen. God doesn’t want us to just have our needs met. He also wants us to walk in overflow. We’re here to help others and demonstrate His Kingdom to those who are in need. This requires abundance, and abundance comes in the form of fragments.

Winning in life financially not only requires and understanding of spiritual laws and the Kingdom of God, but also an understanding the natural laws and obtaining wisdom in the affairs of life. My life was drastically changed when I began applying the principles of the Kingdom of God to my situation.