Dying to be a Marine
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Talking Dying to be a Marine

First of: thank all of y'all for yall's service. Second I tried to fill out my profile to the best of my ability but im not very technologically advanced.. So sorry I failed to fill something out.
    Ok so I'm 14 years old almost 15, I can run 3mi in 20 minutes I can do 5 dead hangs and I can doo 100 sit ups in 2 minutes. I research everything I can about the Marines everyday. I want to be in the big '03 I understand the reality of the job and I'm planning on being in the Corps as long as I possibly can. I train specifically for the Marines every day and my mental toughness and determination is very high. I can't express my burning passion to be a Marine infantryman 0311.
    I make straight As in school and take a few Advanced classes, regardless I'll be 18 when my senior year in high school starts and I'll be able to enlist into DEP until I graduate HS despite my kickin and screaming mom. Problem is.... I don't know what to do now! I'm mentally and physically ready to be apart of the FEW right NOW. I can't wait! 3 more years and I can sign up into DEP. any suggestions for what to do now, when I sign, in high school or anything. I'm going insane!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    At 14 your to young to be thinking about the Marine Corps.
    Stay in school get your diploma and then start your quest to be one of The Few..

Credits
    Savings
    I got a burning passion!!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Stay in school.
    Stay out of trouble.
    Listen to your parents.

The " United States Marine Corps " will still be here when you are ready, but not now at 14...

Good Luck.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Dying to be a Marine
    Marine Corps won't take you if your dead or dying.....

You have to be breathing....walking and have a strong pulse.....

You still have three years until your 17.....maybe there maybe a cure by then....that a recruiter may know of....

In the meantime follow the above advice and PT....stay out of trouble...away from drugs and alcohol....and stay in school.

Just to add a bit to what has already been covered...1. Do not get ANY tattoos. Yes, there are waivers available NOW, but there may not be when you enlist.2. Do your level best in school, and graduate with a diploma.3. Do positive things in your community. Volunteer to help at VA hospitals or nursing homes or the library. Develop good habits that keep you mindful that you need to maintain a clean life and police record.A lot of kids are, right now, waiting for a waiver of some sort to get into the Corps. Tattoos, drugs, alcohol, criminal records, education, etc...all things that you have control over as an individual. Keep the great attitude going and hopefully, it will pay off for you in you dreams of becoming a Marine. Good luck young man!

You can talk to a recruiter after your junior year in highschool. A lot of things can change between now and then. Sounds like you have your priorities straight. Don't be in such a hurry; you will grow up fast enough. Remember to enjoy your friends and school; you only go through highschool once. Try to understand your mom's concerns; she loves you and does not want to lose you. Does your school have a NROTC program? Sounds like you may benefit/enjoy a program like that.

Credits
    Savings
    Yes sir we do have an jrAROTC and jrNROTC and air force and apparently usmc ROTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Futureusmc7tx View Post
    I'll be able to enlist into DEP until I graduate HS despite my kickin and screaming mom. Problem is.... I don't know what to do now! I'm mentally and physically ready to be apart of the FEW right NOW. I can't wait! 3 more years and I can sign up into DEP. any suggestions for what to do now, when I sign, in high school or anything. I'm going insane!!!
    What to do right now? In addition to what has been added, stop dissing your mom. She's your mom, son. Respect and honor her wishes. You are 14 and that is your duty and responsibility.

Despite saying you are mentally and physically ready for the Marine Corps, you are not. You are not because legally it is an impossibility. Accept it. You have to wait 3 more years because you have no choice.

So what you can do now is honor your mom, learn what it means to obey authority, play sports that involve a lot of aerobic activity and strength, and follow the advice you have been given already.

You are not going insane. Learn patience. You will need it.

Credits
    Savings
    With all do respect,
    I put forth great effort to be extremely respectful and I meant in no way any disrespect. I understand it's a legal impossibility but regardless it's a BURNING passion of mine. Thank you for your input, sir.. It's very appreciated. Sorry my post seemed disrespectful.
    Miles

Just keep the fires burning, and, as has been said, do well in school, don't get into trouble, don't do drugs or drink. 3 years will go by MUCH faster than you think.

Lastly, take this time to ENJOY being a kid. It only comes 'round once, and you'll never get it back. Do 'kid' stuff. The 'Corps will ALWAYS be there. Your youth will not.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank y'all so much!

Thread Information