Marine Security Detachment USS Canopus Holy Loch Scotland
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question Marine Security Detachment USS Canopus Holy Loch Scotland

I am trying to get up with any Marines that were attached to the Security Detachment aboard the USS Canopus in Holy Loch from 1973 - 1975.

Served on the canopus from march 1972 to march 1974. my name is michael k. zook, i was a corporal wiith the marine detachment. e-mail is mz0311@hotmail.com

Credits
    Savings

USS Canopus Marines

Hi Michael...I don't recognize the name, but I knew quite a few of the Marines that were with the security detachment...do you remember Jim "Wildman" Wilds...or Jim Godfrey? I came over to the states when the Canopus came back to dry dock in Charleston in 75 and lost touch with a lot of people that were stationed in Holy Loch. Do you have any photos of the detachment from the time you were there? Anyway, thanks for replying.
    Semper Fi
    Carol

holyloch marine detachment

As a matter a fact I do have some pictures: I do not recognize the names that you witten, some of my marines names were dave kaderbeck, juan soto, rylender lynch, sam pooser,one marines name was clay, do not remember his last, I also remember some young tall marine from Maine. What was the name of the marine you are married too? I wonder if I knew him?

Hi, Its me Gene the Marine. AS-34, back in 72 and 73.

MZOOK, I wonder if the Dave Kaderbeck that you served with is the same Dave Kaderbeck that I served with in the mid 90's? He was a LDO Capt at the time and retired around 96-97 (i think) then he joined the Jacksonville PD in NC. Last I saw him he was a detective in 2000!

Maurice

ssgtt32 , This is Gene. If MZOOK fails to answer you. Kaderbeck was with us there in Holy Loch. He married a Scotish girl. I saw the both of them state side in the mid 70's. I have pictures of them together.

Gene, thanks for the reply, I never met the Capt's wife however I would remember him, shoot me a copy of the pic if you can..Email ssgtt32@hotmail.com !

Maurice

PFC S.L Pooser, PVT M.K. Zook, PVT R. Lynch, PVT D.A. Kaderbeck, PVT G.C. Fawver and I, PFC G.S. Moore, all embarked together and arrived in Scotland on 5 March 1972. I have the original orders in my hand.

Credits
    Savings
    I was friends with Kaderbeck's wife Mary...I dated Clay for a while, and some of the other names are familiar. I remember Pooser so I'm quite sure I know you Gene...seeing some of those names bring back memories of the E Club and the Marine Corps Corner...lol
    Semper Fi
    Carol

Trying to locate my father Gene Steven Moore

i am also looking for my birth father gene moore.. stationed in indian head around late 1974-early 1975. he was in EOD.

This would be some news that I have grown up kids from back at EOD school. I wounder how many more are around? But contact me. bmoore91@tampabay.rr.com

Hi Gene
    My name is David Kaderbek the Kaderbek you were statiomed in Scotland with is my dad is there any chance you could e mail me the photos that you have of him and my mom if you can my e mail is d.kaderbek@ntlworld.com

Looking For SSGT Jim Wallace

I am trying to locate a Marine who may have been at Holy Loch around the same time you were. His name is Jim Wallace and it is believed he may have been a SSGT.
    If you have a lead on him could you forward my email address to him. While he was there he had a child with a lass from Greenock (not me).

I married into the family and was asked to see if I could locate him, and to see if he wants to contact his son. He can also check out his sons Facebook page - George Belleville living in Woonsocket RI.

Thanks
    Wayne George

Thread Information