Your future in the Marine Corps.
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Your future in the Marine Corps.

I thought I would make a thread where everyone would post their different expectations of their future within the Marine Corps. For example, I plan to go 1371 as a Combat Engineer, and any off time I get I want to lift weights and become a part of extra MCMAP training &/or a sports team (unsure what sport, and it all depends whether or not I have the opportunity to do so) I also want to serve twenty years and some where along the lines possibly apply to be a Warrant Officer.

So I ask you future devil dogs; what is your expectations for your future in the Marine Corps?

I personally have no expectations, I plan to take it as it comes. If you develop expectations, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. The MOS you receive is entirely up to the needs of the Corps, and if you end up not getting what you hope for you may go into a perfectly good job with a negative attitude, which is good for absolutely nothing.

On an entirely different note, have you considered using the available benefits to go to college and apply to OCS as opposed to going the Warrant Officer route? Just a thought.

If you develop expectations, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
    This^^

There is plenty I would like to do with my time in, including getting my degree finished, OCS eventually, and a few other things. I'm very much a life-planner, but I'm coming to accept that the Corps will do with me what they want.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Right, than maybe I should change it up a bit and say what would you like to do in the Marine Corps and what are your plans?

Eventually be a Huey Door Gunner/Crew Chief, buy and build a Star Wars LEGO army build a gaming PC, invest my money and buy a 1996 Dodge Viper GTS. With the investing, become a millionaire, even it just be in my mind

I'd like to serve in Intel for awhile, possibly applying to the MECEP program and getting my degree. I'd also like to become proficient in the MCMAP program. I would like to be in for 20 years, but that's not a decision I can make until I am a few years in.

>plan on being 1371
    >end up 1171

it will happen, trust me..

Quote Originally Posted by Topman View Post
    I personally have no expectations, I plan to take it as it comes. If you develop expectations, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. The MOS you receive is entirely up to the needs of the Corps, and if you end up not getting what you hope for you may go into a perfectly good job with a negative attitude, which is good for absolutely nothing.
    BINGO. My expectations are to expect the unexpected. Go with the flow, if you will.

In a perfect world I'd like to get in, then deploy once (as 03XX) and upon my return from deployment, apply to OCS (I already have a Bachelor's Degree). I'd love to have either a combat arms or intel MOS as an Officer. As of now I only have plans to spend the sumation of those to amounts of time (Enlistment + Officer) in the Marine Corps.

I just want to become better and stronger, There is no real dream for me in the Corps other than to be able to get MOS 0211, which my recruiter says is a very real possibilitey for me But I just want to be able to say that I have been through one of life's toughest challenges and have made it through, leaving with friends who have my back, mentors who actually assist me ( not just pretend i'm not there and worthless), and an extended family that I never really lose.

Thread Information