Boot camp in Summer vs Boot camp in winter? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I went to PI in Jan of 1984. It seemed like it was rainy and cold the first two weeks I was there. Just added to the, where the where the hell am I factor of PI? I'll take hot and sunny any day. Not to mention there were no internet forums or YouTube videos. The place was a complete mystery to me when I stepped on those yellow footprints.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Awesome, thanks for the great feedback.

either way it sucks. in the winter, depending on your DIs you aren't allowed to wear warming layers 50% of the time, and the field area is like a wind tunnel, they like to pour water on your hands when its like 10 degrees out too.

Marine Free Member thegimprider's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm from Truckee California and hate the heat therefore I chose winter for MCRD San Diego. I cried when I saw Desert Storm Marines in full NBC gear running through Iraq on TV and was damn glad is was not me.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    just like palmsy, bringing up ancient threads.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    yep, real common nowadays LOL AINT content with the present

thegimprider. I went to Paris Island in summer. Didn't really plan it either way, just the way it went down. I wish I had done it through winter. I'm sure there must have been some suckie cold days, but it was brutal in July and a few times we had the BLACK FLAG out so we had to PT in the barracks. I bet the sand fleas in winter were pretty much put in check.

Yeah, I went to boot camp in the summer too and my ears almost got sunburnt off!

Credits
    Savings
    the rummor was they served Cocoa
    durring the winter months-
    and Ice Cream in the Summers

Marine Free Member thegimprider's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ice cream and cocoa? Yea I think I remembered that was during the afternoon when we hung out on beach towels drinking Pina Coladas
    Suddenly I'm awake with Di's tonsils 4 inches in front of my eyes saying something about maggots

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    the rummor was they served Cocoa
    durring the winter months-
    and Ice Cream in the Summers
    I was a fatty and couldn't have either

I went to PI during the winter of 1970/71. The coldest day was the day we had to qualify on the rifle range.

How cold was it?...It was so cold that our DI's lit a fire in a barrel and let us warm our hands before we fired...It was so cold that around 25% of my platoon went UNQ and didn't even qualify as a Marksman...It was so cold that one of my fingers on my right hand (I'm a lefty) froze to my M-16. When I pulled it off the rifle I also pulled off part of my fingerprint too. I still have the scar that reminds me of how much I wanted to qualify that day.

Thread Information