Boot Camp receiving week IST or PFT?
Create Post

Boot Camp receiving week IST or PFT?

Good afternoon Marines, whenever my recruiter talks about boot camp and receiving week they tell me you do a PFT the first week. I have kinda just been browsing today and have seen in two different places that its only an IST. Am I just being misinformed by the internet or misunderstanding my recruiter? Can one of you Marines elaborate? Thank you.

Similar Threads:

You'll do an IST on P2 (Thursday after arriving). Anybody failing the IST will be dropped to the Physical Conditioning Platoon (PCP) for two weeks. The inventory PFT (first one) will be on Training Day 35 during Phase Two at the Rifle Range (grass week).

This is grass week:

Thank you very much sir, I appreciate it, I must be confusing what my recruiter is explaining.

Recruiters have a bootcamp training matrix/schedule. Whether they let you see it is up to them. Some will give one to the parents so they can keep up with what their recruit is doing daily at bootcamp.

Thats pretty cool, I've never heard of that. once again thank you! I really cant wait for boot camp honestly! We had a family day where they flew in Drill Instructors and got a taste of boot camp and it just made me more motivated!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Perhaps you might want to read my thread here.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ruit-Training-!

Thank you sir, I kind of have a question, I am the Guide at my RS and whenever I do Knowledge I dont use my book because I memorized the information and pages (everyone is usually in awe that I can do it but I find it easy). So I know my general orders, Leader ship traits, Leader ship Principals, Rank structure and some random knowledge from tests my recruiter gives us. What should I work on next? I have 62 days so I have plenty of time to better myself but Im not sure what direction I should go in for that.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I would get my hands on the " Marine Corps Guidebook " and memorize everything.

You can order a copy from Sgt. Grit @ grunt dot com.

I found two, "U.S. Marine Guidebook" and "Guidebook for Marines"
    http://www.grunt.com/search?k=Marine...ps%20Guidebook

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Get the updated one " Guidebook for Marines " It's worth the investment dollars and you will have it for life and I can guarantee it will be one of your favorite reads.

Will do! Once again thank you very much for the information!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You are very welcome !

Let me know how you like it after your first read thru.

Here's a good one. Ask your Recruiter if you can borrow his/hers and see what he/she says lol.

Yes sir! haha I asked him no response yet.

"Lol how do you know I have one?"

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hahahahaaha, NICE !

Thread Information