Usmc rings
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Usmc rings

Usmc rings

Any of you former devil dogs ever purchase a ring to show your pride for the corps and your service?? I always put it off when i was in and even after i got out but ive been surfin the net considering buying one so that when i die i can pass it on to my daughter. They have some really neat ones that you can customize with your unit and mos etc i tend to not be a fan of stones but i like the sterling silver signets but i only found two places that offer side plate customization for the ones that aren't like those class rings....any suggestions??

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I thought there was a link on the Forum to purchase them but I can't seem to find it right now.

There is a member here who custom makes rings. You might want to send a PM to Marine84 ( Kim ). I know she had one custom made and even posted a picture of it in a thread here.

Good luck.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Sgt. Grit has a few nice ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhode Island View Post
    I thought there was a link on the Forum to purchase them but I can't seem to find it right now.

There is a member here who custom makes rings. You might want to send a PM to Marine84 ( Kim ). I know she had one custom made and even posted a picture of it in a thread here.

Good luck.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky
    thanks bud thanks for yalls comments. I PM'd the guy from that ring company and i'll pm kim also. I found two awesome sites actually three that are close to what I like. I just haven't found more specific details that I would like instead of having them engraved. Sure they have the 1st Marine Division logo's and the Desert Storm logo or Liberation of Kuwait" logo but nothing specific like Task Force Ripper or even MOS specific like "0331 machinegunner..or logos for the 7th Marines..I mean really? comon that was Chesty's Regiment...and nothing to show for my Sea Duty Service...that was a hard gig to get when I was in and it was AWESOME duty! thanks again guys

I got a Stainless Steel Marine Corps ring when I was in boot camp. It cost me all of $70 or in 1988 so if my memory is correct.

Thinking my fingers were going to grow as thick as my father's, I ordered it a size big. It is still a size big to this day, so I don't wear it often.

Still, it is one of my most treasured pieces. Yes, I have some medals that I earned while I was in, but they stay tucked away in a box. My USMC ring sits on my dresser with a few other odds and ends that always lay there, and I slip it on and wear it from time to time. People always ask about it (even my wife).

I bought a silver Marine ring while in Nam but somebody wanted it worse than I did (not) I liked that ring bit I finally got a gold plated one from a Marine Corps dealer I were it all the time.

Trucrimsongold,

Try looking up Bradford Exchange on the net. Their rings are nice, I got mine the for $162.00 total.

Vietvet1968@comcast.net
    Roger D. Stewart

try mike carroll .com awsome rings. semper fi!

Try joyjewlers.com

Quote Originally Posted by garybloom View Post
    Try joyjewlers.com
    yes I loved the options joyjewlers give you and the prices are good I just don't know if I want one of those high school type rings or a signet ring.

http://www.joyjewelers.com/modules/c...uct_id=3000682
    http://www.vetcom.com/index.php?pn=d...36fc1ac453c8b4
    http://www.dunham-mfg.com/Class_Ring...le=9&model=129
    It has to be atleast silver though because you can't resize that paladium valadium stainless steel stuff..I love the options dunham has with the sides but of them all i think the middle one is the best quality.

http://www.dunham-mfg.com/Class_Ring...ring=321380747

It's down to these two click on the one above and tell me what yall think..

http://www.vetcom.com/index.php?pn=d...product_id=217

This one doesn't have the options to make it that personal but it's freakin beautiful and it is a "Desert Storm" Marine Corps signet ring in gold and silver for actually less than the one above. this one is only $213.95 that's with shipping. The Dunham is $248 total but it's like 6 week wait but it does have the specifics like I can put the 1st Marine Division and I will have them put 7th Marines on that side and Desert Storm on the other side and they will put "Ripper Vet" for Task Force Ripper..decisions decisions...

Brother, yes, I did, and wear it daily, except for right now, because, my hand is swollen, I believe I paid around $39 for it in the PX in 65. I have had it sized 2-3 times over the years, and yes, I have 2 sons, and the both want it, 1 to cherish ( I hope) the other, I am sure, he will sell it. OH well, great investments.

Semper Fi.
    Cando

Thread Information