Someone used my sons name and got a ticket - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    From an insurance standpoint, I can tell you your son will pay out the wazoo because of his age and the points that will be added. Let him know, that the insurance company will run a C.L.U.E. report (Check with all the other insurance companies for prior accidents at fault/not at fault), as well as traffic violations thru state records and a credit agency (yes, the credit agencies can have access to traffic violations). This is done periodically prior to renewal. Although the points will only increase his insurnace for 3 years, the insurance company will "rate"
    the policy based upon the violation for 5 years, and can up to 7 to 12 years for a DUI. This "friend" needs to be prosecuted for being a first class slob and punk.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    sounds like the guy who used his name needs a blanket party, one way or another, (just my thought)

Got to thinkin just maybe this guy has something to hide, like he is wanted for something else or has NO DL of his own. It may be suspened and he used your sons name becuase of that. Just thinkin?

Remember having some t*rd say he or she did not have the old DL with them and giving a name/DOB and becuase it was a traffic violation I would issue a tickit and let them go, only to find out later they were not who they said they were and had a outstanding warrant or a suspended DL.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    The reason for my longgggg posts is that these seemingly small things have repercussions that can mushroom and last for years, if not taken care of in the right way.
    Dave... you have never had a short post on any subject here on leatherneck.......

The judge.....jury.....prosecution....reporter....and clerk probally need to drink a bottle of 5 hour energy..... before you give your statements....rebuttals and legal dissertations.......ROTFLOL!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    I cant understand why another Marine would do that,what happen to all for one ,one for all, dont turn your back on that clown, pay back is a medavac,

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelobo View Post
    I cant understand why another Marine would do that,what happen to all for one ,one for all, dont turn your back on that clown, pay back is a medavac,

This story AINT about TWO Marines,,,,,,,
    This Story is about a CIVILIAN that used a "Marines "
    INFORMATION
    to a police officer who wrote the citation with out a License of the person he was Citing .......

Cop stops Civilian
    civilian has no license in possesion
    Cop was being NICE,, DIDNT lock civilians ass up for Lack of license
    "CIVILIAN FRIEND"
    gave the cop, his Marines Friends INFO......

I second the Blanket Party,,, or drag him out to the tree line and dance

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelobo View Post
    I don't think it was another Marine, it was one of the Marine's friends that was back home.

Thank you all so much!

Thankfully, my sons CO became aware of this, I'm not sure how, and it is being taken care of by the Marine Corps and the Navy Relief Society. I was worried that my son may suffer reprecussions later in life, but he didn't want to get his "friend" in trouble. Since then, my son has received several credit rejection letters, so I guess his "friend" figured it was so easy to be him, he might try it again. Thank goodness my son has no credit history and didn't qualify for a line of credit.

Needless to say, I'm relieved that his chain of command became involved. And I don't have to worry about my son being upset with me!

Again, thank you all for the great advice. This place is a gold mine!

No it wasn't another Marine, it was a friend from back home.

Quote Originally Posted by tommielynn View Post
    Thankfully, my sons CO became aware of this, I'm not sure how, and it is being taken care of by the Marine Corps and the Navy Relief Society. I was worried that my son may suffer reprecussions later in life, but he didn't want to get his "friend" in trouble. Since then, my son has received several credit rejection letters, so I guess his "friend" figured it was so easy to be him, he might try it again. Thank goodness my son has no credit history and didn't qualify for a line of credit.

Needless to say, I'm relieved that his chain of command became involved. And I don't have to worry about my son being upset with me!

Again, thank you all for the great advice. This place is a gold mine!
    Thanks for updating us on this. Appreciate it. Marines take care of their own, so take some comfort in that.

But what you shared about receiving credit rejection letters steps this up a notch, ma'am.

This is no longer a punk kid who impersonated your son and caused your son to be issued a ticket, but this is not about identity theft, plain and simple, and that escalates this situation.

If he has stolen your son's identity, or at least attempted to, is applying for credit cards or other forms of credit in your son's name, and your son is being turned down, those credit rejections can work against your son. But worse, if the punk kid doing this actually got a credit card issued...then you better believe he is out there using it, running up debt in your son's name.

At this point, I would either call law enforcement and discuss the situation or go to the district attorney's office. Forget about not wanting to get the kid in trouble, he's already done that, and it is he who has gotten himself in trouble.

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Wow with friends like that who needs enemies! I agree with what MOS says...who knows who or what else he has lied to about his identity, acting like your son. And I really glad that his command got involved. I know it is probabaly hard on your son to realize that one of his friends could do this to him. I had something similiar with one of my friends sons, but nothing to this extent. They have been friends since 3rd grade, and I looked at him as my second son, he was having trouble at home, stayed with me for few weeks, ( this is while he was a boot camp) and I discovered, that he pawned his x-box, and took alll his graduation money. My son the forgiving sole that he is forgave him of course, me on the other hand not so much. He did a few other things as well, but won't go into it. I just hope everything gets resolved for your son. I wonder how his command found out?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Probally missed court date?????

Sounds like the Marine needs to go home on leave and lay some of that new combat kung fu on this young "friends" azz.

Friends like that one does not need......

May consider civil suit...teach the " friend" a lesson.

My opine.

Thank you MOS -- You're absolutely right about the credit issue. Thankfully, his command automatically referred him to the Navy Releif Society "just in case" the person tried to use his credit also. They were already investigating the credit fraud before the first rejection letter came in the mail. Seems they may have some experience with this kind of thing!

MarineMom, my son has a extremely kind, giving, and forgiving heart. I'm more like you, I want to wring the kids neck! If I ever see him again, it will be too soon.

Thanks again to all of you, everyone here is just awesome!

p.s. I get to see my Marine next month, I'm going to 29 Palms! So excited!

I like that idea Phantom. I'd buy a ticket to watch!

Thread Information