One of THOSE Questions
Create Post

One of THOSE Questions

Hello everyone,

I apologize for registering and creating a thread like this as my first, however I had no clue where else to ask such a question.

Flat out, this is a drug related question. As a bit of background, I have never touched drugs in my life.

I'm in a bit of a pickle here and would greatly appreciate any help or advice. A couple days ago I was at a gathering/party type thing with some guys from work and there was a tray of brownies in the kitchen. I took one and had a few bites when a guy I know, who knows I don't touch drugs, stopped me and said that he thought that was probably a pot brownie... My stomach dropped in complete horror.

I'm still not positive if this was a pot brownie (I didn't feel anything), but something inside gives me a strong feeling it was. This may be an obvious question, but should I tell my recruiter? If I end up having to get a drug waiver with all these cuts going on, will this affect my ship date (early june) and my MOS? I would hate for something stupid like this to ruin or delay my dream.

Any opinions are very welcome.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Talk you your family doctor and explain to him just what you have explained to us and ask for a pee test. All clear everyone is happy. If you pop then talk to your recruiter and ask for a waiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinbo View Post
    Talk you your family doctor and explain to him just what you have explained to us and ask for a pee test. All clear everyone is happy. If you pop then talk to your recruiter and ask for a waiver.
    Thank you for the response.

I may do that or just buy my own test. The only thing that worries me is maybe it's been too long to show up. I've been doing a lot of reading since and seems that first time, small amount users can **** clean after 2-3 days.. However hair tests seem to record much longer. Is there any chance of me ever getting a hair test?
    I'm just worried about the whole integrity violation thing. I know I'm probably getting ahead of myself, but I want to someday become an officer and pilot and I heard that they can sometimes give a polygraph test (not sure how true that is). With something like this it just scares me that I wouldn't pass when they ask a drug related question.

I guess the ideal situation I'm looking for is I can get a waiver just to be safe and not have any problems with my ship date/MOS... Does anyone know if that would be the case?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm trying to avoid making any negative comments but .... you must be crazy. Why don't you just go down to the sherrifs office and confess?

Dude your not shipping till june. No offense Sgt, but he will be clean by then. They **** test you once at the recruiters and then one more time on your first day at Boot Camp. They do not do a hair test, I don't know if its to expensive or what not, but they will not do it. Don't tell your recruiter or do, he might not even care who knows. Next time your at a party ask first, then don't do it anyways because they could be lieing to you. Don't trust ANYONE on your future or your safety I promise they do not care about you.

Go to Rite Aid or Walgreens. They sell over-the-counter urine (filter didn't like my first word) tests and see if you pop positive. Then get your self together and stay away from low lifes who lace their food.

Check your priorities. Office party or whatever, if it doesn't come out of a box, don't eat it.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 03-13-12 at 11:13 AM. Reason: LN didn't like my first word, * and your second word was skirting the curse word filter. *

Lol. Cool your jets, young man. Eleanor Roosevelt didn't say this for no reason:

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
    Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

lol. just tell your recruiter what happened, or just delay taking your **** test for a while. or if worst comes to worst you could always get a drug waiver.

Thank you everyone for the responses.

The drug test is really not what I'm worried about. It's the integrity violation. I realize it was a mistake but I'm pretty sure a lot of people that I work with saw me eating the brownie. The only reason this concerns me so bad is because down the road I would like to go officer, and the job I want would require a top secret clearance. If I tell them I have never done drugs it's a lie --- they talk to my co workers and they say I did do drugs and I'm screwed.

So, if I tell my recruiter, what happens? Can I simply get a waiver? Or will they not buy it and will I get in trouble? I cannot afford to have my ship date pushed any more after it did when all the cuts happened.

Are there any recruiters on here I could contact?

Um, yeah, the Marine from post #7.

Good luck.

Thread Information