Going Paperless ???
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Going Paperless ???

Hey has anyone heard that soon that everyone has to go Paperless in Hospitals and Doctors offices ???
    The other day at my wife's last app. for her chemo treatment they said they were preparing to go paperless cause of a law going into effect soon..
    They were going crazy with there lap tops trying to enter everything into them without using paper..
    I've heard that said for years that's what they want to do, is go paperless so we would save trees.
    Anyone else heard of this yet???

Maybe it's just me, but I can see it causing quite a problem in the shiiters.

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    beat me to it .

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post

don't you remember the movie where they used the three shells with Sylvester Stallone and Rob Snider and Sandra Bullock and Wesley.. called Demolition Man

It has nothing to do with environmentalism; electronic filing saves a massive amount of money.

If you have a large amount of patients, filing papers is expensive. You need to employ someone to collect the data, someone to check it, someone to organize it, someone to file it, and someone to maintain it for immediate recall. Some of these jobs can be done by the same people; however, if you're a large hospital, you can easily have a library-sized room of records and an entire staff of people responsible for records. Can you imagine the headaches that happen when someone takes the day off? Or he's sick. Or he quits and they have some new guy who doesn't know the system. Ask any doctor - the paperwork is one of the most infuriating aspects of the job.

Meanwhile, if it's all electronically filed, you employ someone to check the data to make sure it's properly filled out and someone to maintain the database. That's it. Not to mention, when a doctor wants to review your file, he can just look your name up. No digging through a filing cabinet, no messing around with some other doctor's terrible handwriting. Just open up the file, type Ctrl-F, and you're good to go.

As a Marine, electronic filing has saved me a MASSIVE amount of headaches. It used to be that all maintenance actions had to be documented in writing. "Okay, I just did preventative maintenance on twenty radios. Their serial numbers are... crap, I gotta look them up. The PM code is... crap, I gotta look that up too." Multiply that by a hundred when you're doing corrective maintenance. With electronic filing, all that is on the page. You have all the serial numbers of your radios by channel and frequency, you have all the PM codes, and you have directions for recording man-hours and who's doing it. Plus you can just duplicate it twenty times and change the serial numbers instead of having to write a whole new form.

I still have to keep paper copies of supply requisitions, and it's a pain. They're starting to let me scan everything in and send it by e-mail instead of keeping it in a binder and faxing stuff, but I still have to keep a massive binder of the whole year's part orders.

Yeah. Make everything electronic. It'd make everyone's life a lot easier. I don't care about the trees.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I spoke with #1 daughter, who is a medical admin type. She said that the Obamacare law has a provision requiring medical providers at all levels to go paperless by 2013. This is a tough requirement, especially for smaller doctor's offices since older paper records have to be digitized too.

She also said, to add to the problem, on 1Oct2013, new medical billing codes are to go into effect. This by itself will be a pain in the butt for everyone in general, but smaller providers in particular.

#1 daughter says no one will go completely paperless in the foreseeable future, particularly the military.

Thanks Obama and Congress.

I am sorry but I cannot thank this pos, apoligizing, two-faced, * for ANYTHING he says he has done!!!!!!!!!!! * him and his circue of clowns

SEMPER FI,

Last edited by jp2usmc; 03-04-12 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Manual Swear Censor

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My orthopedic surgeon has the paperless system. he enters everything on a ipad type device...and then it all goes up to the front desk when I check out for my next appointment..

My anti-Obama doctor has been paperless for about 2 years now. Seems like it works great as most everything is automated now. I don't think it has anything to do with saving trees, rather it simplifies everything and is more efficient.

They had a learning curve but everyone has adjusted to the new system. I think it's great, so long as the records are backed up more than once, and the privacy and security issues are protected.

Quote Originally Posted by OLE SARG View Post
    I am sorry but I cannot thank this pos, apoligizing, two-faced, muthafvcker for ANYTHING he says he has done!!!!!!!!!!! fvck him and his circue of clowns

SEMPER FI,

Have you had this animosity for O Bummer for a while??

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    I spoke with #1 daughter, who is a medical admin type.
    She said that the Obamacare law has a provision requiring medical providers at all levels to go paperless by 2013. This is a tough requirement, especially for smaller doctor's offices since older paper records have to be digitized too.

She also said, to add to the problem, on 1Oct2013, new medical billing codes are to go into effect. This by itself will be a pain in the butt for everyone in general, but smaller providers in particular.

#1 daughter says no one will go completely paperless in the foreseeable future, particularly the military.

Thanks Obama and Congress.
    I see a chance to start a business here, or is it just a pipe dream? Someone has to enter all that info into a data base.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Once they get all the records in a database the government will work towards complete INTERNET access and control.......

Quote Originally Posted by EGTSpec View Post
    I see a chance to start a business here, or is it just a pipe dream? Someone has to enter all that info into a data base.
    If you ever listen to some of the commercials on radio they talk about that it's called home schooling you to learn how to do the report of Doctors. They boost of making big money at home by learning how to trans-scribe the notes to computers.. My Niece started to do it but the cost of learning was $500 dollar a lesson..
    needless to say she couldn't afford it,but after 4 session she had to quit. Now she into the school for $2000 dollars..

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Once they get all the records in a database the government will work towards complete INTERNET access and control.......
    Big Brother will be watching your colon.

Credits
    Savings
    Just today brought Mama-San home from knee surgery.

Between us we filled out a ream of paper.

Interesting note
    Several times they verbally verified name and SS #

Thread Information