can you rejoin Marines after backing out of DEP
Create Post

can you rejoin Marines after backing out of DEP

Hello Marines have a quick question. Was in the DEP a year and a half ago. Backed out because of a job oppourtunity. Now I'm thinking of rejoining. Should there be a problem? Any help much appreciated.

It won't be easy. We don't take to quitters to easily, regardless of circumstances. People change their minds and life happens, but the way they are cutting back these days I doubt they are going to accept being second fiddle to your other opportunity.

Personally (and don't take offense to this) but I wouldn't waste my time with you.

Once a quitter always a quitter.

Have you spoken to a recruiter lately?

Charly - I just went back and read all your previous posts, or skimmed them -- I hope you have matured since you first posted here.

I'm all about giving folks a second chance, but you have (in the past) been very cocky and flippant with your mouth/fingers.

I hope your time away has given you some knowledge so you don't go getting banned again.

Good luck.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ain't that the Truth...

alright thanks haven't talked to recruiter yet still looking to serve if they don't re-accept me. Guess I'll have to ask a recruiter

Quote Originally Posted by CharlyMurphy View Post
    alright thanks haven't talked to recruiter yet still looking to serve if they don't re-accept me. Guess I'll have to ask a recruiter
    Good luck, if you want it bad enough anything is possible.

My niece dropped out of her DEP (boyfriend did not want her to leave). Her district CO refused to discharge her because they see highschool romances break up all the time. Sure enough, she is tired of the boyfriend's crap and just this week reestablished contact with her recruiter. She met with the district SgtMaj and talked about the possibility of shipping early. Don't know how she would do on an IST since she has not been doing any PT at all. She has an Intel program but frankly, I'm shocked the USMC is still showing any interest in her at all since she turned her back on them; they had every right to pull the plug on her months ago. She graduated from highschool early so can ship any time as long as she can pass the IST. Personally, I will believe she is shipping to PI only AFTER she gets on the plane.

Based on this situation, I can say it is possible to rejoin your DEP but every case is different so you'll just need to contact your recruiter and see what they say.

Let us know how it goes and good luck.

My station has a different recruiter now got his card and gonna shoot him a email and tell him my situation instead of meeting he face to face so i don't waste his time if I'm not qualified anymore. I don't have criminal background still and I'm in alot better shape then last year so maybe the Marines will actually hear what I have to say. taking it very seriously this time around.

hopefully that guy doesn't read my old posts on here, he'd have an aneurysm

see if you can get in, but it'll be hard with the force reduction going on. remember, the worst that will happen is being told no

Thread Information