Helpful endurence workout
Create Post

Helpful endurence workout

Hey guys;

I'd thought I'd just throw a workout out there I put together and have been using, and so far it's been great. It consists of a few different parts from pre-BUD/S workout, drillinstructors's pull up routine here on the site, and some other stuff. This workout is aimed at long-distance muscle endurance, not for becoming the next Mr. Olympia.

KEY: D.I. P.U. = drill instructor pull up, morning run = pre-BUD/S running, BUD/S workout = pre-BUD/S strength workout, rucksack = 60 lbs. march

*When doing the BUD/S workout, don't do the pull ups*

Monday - morning run, D.I. P.U., PT (we have PT on Monday)

Tuesday - morning run, BUD/S workout

Wednesday - morning run, D.I. P.U.

Thursday - morning run, BUD/S workout

Friday - morning run, D.I. P.U.

Saturday - rucksack, BUD/S workout

Sunday - REST

Navy SEAL pre-BUD/S:

RUNNING SCHEDULE I
    WEEKS #1, 2: 2 miles/day, M/W/F (6 miles/ week)
    On the Monday of Week 2, do a � mile warm up, a 1.5 mile timed run, then a � mile cool down. This will give a base indication of your 1.5-mile run time and you will be able to figure out your pace for a mile.

WEEK #3: No running. High risk of stress fractures

WEEK #4: 3 miles/day, M/W/F (9 miles/wk)

WEEKS #5 & 6: 2/3/4/2 miles, M/Tu/Th/F (11 miles/wk)
    On Monday of week 5, repeat the 1.5 mile timed run (with a .5 mile warm up and cool down). On Tuesday of Week 6, do a 1 mile warm up, 2x400meter (quarter mile) sprints with a 400m jog between them and after the second one, and a 1 mile cool down. Your goal for the 400m is to take your 1.5 mile pace, divide by 6 (for a 400m pace) then subtract 15 second from that. (Example: 1.5 miles in 12 minutes or an 8 min mile pace. 1.5/6=2 min 400m. Subtract 15 second from 2 minutes and you have a 1:45 pace for the 400 sprint).

WEEKS #7 & 8: 4/4/5/3 miles, M/Tu/Th/F (16 miles/ wk)
    Repeat the sprint workout on Tuesdays, but make it 4x400m with a 400m jog in between.

WEEK #9: same as #7 & 8 (16 miles/ wk)
    Repeat the 1.5 mile timed run on Monday to see how you have progressed

PHYSICAL TRAINING SCHEDULE I (Mon/Wed/Fri)
    SETS OF REPETITIONS
    WEEK #1:
    4X15 PUSHUPS
    4X20 SITUPS
    3X3 PULL UPS
    4x20 FLUTTER KICKS (4 count)

WEEK #2:
    5X20 PUSHUPS
    5X20 SITUPS
    3X3 PULL UPS
    5X20 FLUTTER KICKS (4 count)

WEEK #3 & 4:
    5X25 PUSHUPS
    5X25 SITUPS
    3X4 PULL UPS
    5X25 FLUTTER KICKS (4 count)

WEEK #5 & 6:
    6X25 PUSHUPS
    6X25 SITUPS
    2X8 PULL UPS
    6X25 FLUTTER KICKS (4 count)

WEEK #7 & 8:
    6X30 PUSHUPS
    6X30 SITUPS
    2X10 PULL UPS
    6X30 FLUTTER KICKS (4 count)

WEEK #9:
    6X30 PUSHUPS
    6X30 SITUPS
    3X10 PULL UPS
    6X30 FLUTTER KICKS (4 count)
    * Note: For best results, alternate exercises. Do a set of pushups, then a set of situps, followed by a set of pull ups, followed by a set of flutter kicks immediately with no rest.

WORKOUT FOR CATEGORY II
    Category II is a more intense workout designed for those who have been involved with a routine PT schedule or those who have completed the requirements of category I. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS WORKOUT SCHEDULE UNLESS YOU CAN COMPLETE THE WEEK #9 LEVEL OF CATEGORY I WORKOUTS.

RUNNING SCHEDULE II
    (M/Tu/Th/F/Sa)

WEEKS #1,2: (3/5/4/5/2) miles 19 miles/week
    WEEKS #3, 4: (4/5/6/4/3) miles 22 miles/week
    WEEK #5: (5/5/6/4/4) miles 24 miles/week
    WEEK #6: (5/6/6/6/4) miles 27 miles/week
    WEEK #7: (6/6/6/6/6) miles 30 miles/week

On the odd # weeks, begin with a timed 1.5 mile run (including an appropriate warm up and cool down). Pick one day per week to do a set of 400m and 800m sprints at a pace 10-15 seconds faster than your 1.5 mile pace. On one of the other days, throw in some �fartlek� intervals (picking up the pace for an unknown distance), hill work, etc to help build speed and strength.

* Note: For weeks #8-9 and beyond, it is not necessary to increase the distance of the runs; work on the speed of your 6 mile runs and try to get them down to 7:30 per mile or lower. If you wish to increase the distance of your runs, do it gradually: no more than one mile per day increase for every week beyond week #9.

PT SCHEDULE II
    (Mon/Wed/Fri)
    SETS OF REPETITIONS
    WEEK #1 & 2:
    6X30 PUSHUPS
    6X35 SITUPS
    3X10 PULL UPS
    3X20 DIPS
    6X35 FLUTTER KICKS (4 count)

WEEK #3 & 4:
    1OX20 PUSHUPS
    10X25 SITUPS
    4X10 PULL UPS
    10X15 DIPS
    10X25 FLUTTER KICKS (4 count)

WEEK #5:
    15X20 PUSHUPS
    15X25 SITUPS
    4X12 PULLUPS
    15X15 DIPS
    15X25 FLUTTER KICKS (4 count)

WEEK #6:
    20X20 PUSHUPS
    20X25 SITUPS
    5X12 PULL UPS
    20X15 DIPS
    20X25 FLUTTER KICKS (4 count)

D.I. P.U.
    :

1-5 (50)
    6-10 (75)
    11-15 (100)
    16-20 (150)

The number to the left is how many you can do right now and the number in parenthesis is the number of pull-ups you will do for the workout.

1. Jump on the bar and do a max set You will rest for 60 secs and during that rest do at least 25 crunches but NO PUSHUPS.

2. Keeping the number you finished with jump back up and do another max set. You will rest again for 60 secs and do your crunches. You continue to do MAX SET each time you get on the bar until you have reached the number in parenthesis.

Continue your sets no matter how many times you have to get on the bar. Even if you jump up and only do 1, oh well keep doing it.

If for some reason you can not even do 1 when you get on the bar, take longer rest but if you do this, you better double the workout because you suck.

Do this every other day for 1 month and then take 4 days off and start again.

Ruck Sack
    :

Go buy a 60 lb. bag of concrete mix or sand for a few bucks, and put it in an old backpack. Start with the first Saturday walking only a mile, then the next Saturday two, then the next three, and so on and so forth until you get to 10 miles. After that, go out and find some hills and start with 5 miles. Then keep building it up until you get to 10 again. After that, start with a 1 mile rucksack jog. Keep building it up until you can run 5 miles with a 60 lb. rucksack.

You sir will be a beast in boot.....If you honestly do this because theres many Marines *including myself* who couldnt do that right now.

You'll have people falling out of hikes with only 40 lbs in a ILBE pack on a 5-6 mile hike.

I may follow your run plan......I need it for my upcoming training.

Thread Information