Knee is getting weaker - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Are you doing a diet and other exercises on your own to get to your needed weight?

Good luck!
    Yes sir I am dieting alot. I have cut all pop out, fast food gone, and bread(rice, pastas etc). I have stopped eating past 7 PM and I am starting a personal PT with one of the recruiters who is an instructor for a cross training class. Also obviously, I have started regularly attending Poolee PT.

As for the not having the band at camp, I believe that once I get down to where I need to be, my knee will be strong enough from the combined weight loss and acclimation to running and cardio regularly. Also I do more than running I do some biking at the gym and elliptical. I previously did ALOT of weight lifting but now i must quit because it could gain more weight on me, even if it is muscle.

It sounds like you are on the right track, but Phantom Blooper is correct, you should do some knee strengthening exercises. Just search it and you will find some beneficial ones.

The part about quitting weightlifting because you will gain weight is somewhat a myth. Yes, muscle weighs more than fat, but you want lean muscle mass. You do not have to powerlift and bulk up, but a good weightlifting program for strength at 70 to 80% of your max will benefit you and help you keep the weight off.

Interestingly, in swimming and running, many programs are moving away from the several sets of low weight at high rep routines and going with heavier weight, low reps for one set. I have all of my runners weightlift in order to build core strength.

I vote for petellar tendinitis... I've had it for years. Try chopat knee straps. It was the only thing that has worked for me and I've tried everything. I use the double knee strap and it works like a charm!!

Thread Information