Will this be disqualifying at MEPS?
Closed Thread
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Unhappy Will this be disqualifying at MEPS?

I was given an inhaler about 3 years ago for a condition OTHER than asthma. I am not, nor ever have been, diagnosed with asthma or have any symptoms. It was given for a chest pain I had back at that time. I was given a pulmonary function test (just in case) and passed with flying colors, and asthma and other respiratory issues were instantly ruled out. However, I am stressing myself out wondering if being prescribed an inhaler will ruin my chances anyway . I feel like I must be honest at MEPS, but at the same time am apprehensive because I feel they will automatically assume I still need that inhaler. I have never refilled the initial prescription 3 years ago. Any advice or insight would be great. It seems this is a rather unique situation, I haven't found any others with a similar situation.

Thank you all who contribute!
    (I posted this earlier and was told to fill out my profile, I did so and reposted. So I apologize if it shows up twice in the forum)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thread moved to Ask a Marine.

Answer to your question: ALWAYS tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth to your recruiter and at MEPS. The worst that will probably happen is you will need a waiver.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I went to MEPS and there was not any question really related to my situation. So lets assume hypothetically that something did happen at MCRD where they looked into my records. Would they really do anything? Because in my record there is that test result say

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    kdk5254

Thread LOCKED until profile is filled out.

Contact any Squad Leader or Moderator to reopen once you have filled out your profile as per site rules

Thread Information