11 pounds
Create Post

Thread: 11 pounds

11 pounds

can anybody give me any tips on how to lose 11 pounds in order to get down to my dep in weight. i have to go from 220 to 209, my max.

Depends on how long you have. What have you done so far?

NO sweets
    Smaller portion sizes
    More excercise

It's pretty simple. Not easy, but simple.

i dont have a set time. i would like to lose in 2 weeks if possible

p90x has helped me so far. so as drinking more water and not eating after 7

2wks is too fastit should be 1pound per wk. which is safer. Stay away from sweets . exercise . Drink water,whenever you feel hungry drink a glass of water.dont guzzel ittake about 5minutes. 3meal a day and maybe so carrot stick or celery sticks. The most important thing in a diet is make sure you take vitamins daily. Goodluck to you

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Docs right. If you have time, then do it right.

10lbs in two weeks is no problem if you are 220 and out of shape. P90x is a good program for USMC prep. A pound a week is a general rule for slackers!
    Personally I would modify it a bit by adding runs to the weight days. I’m not a big yoga fan, so I run on the yoga days and sometimes I also replace the Kenpo with a run. You have to be disciplined if you are not losing weight you are eating too much or not exercising enough. But I would also agree with the old adage you cannot outrun a bad diet. But I've been known to try...

Weight loss isn't science, it's math. Calories in, calories out. If you can add and subtract, you can lose weight. When you take in more calories than you burn, those extra calories get stored as fat. When you burn more calories than you take in, your body uses that stored energy (fat) to fuel your body. So, figure out your BMR, figure out how many calories you burn in a day, and figure out how many calories you're eating. If you want to lose weight, You want a calorie deficit. If you want to maintain weight, you want a calorie wash. If you want to gain wait, you want a calorie surplus. Simple. So, say you burn 2,500 calories in a day. You'll probably want to eat around 1,800-2,000 calories that day. If you burn 3,000 calories the next day, then you can eat around 2,300 calories that day. You can probably have a bigger deficit and lose weight faster, but I'm not a nutritionist and don't know your specific situation, so I don't want to give you bad advice. But anyone should be fine with about a 700 calorie deficit.

And this should go without saying, but make sure you eat smart. Can you lose weight by eating 1,500 calories of McDonalds a day and burning 2,000 calories a day? Yes. Will you be healthy? no.

Run Forest Run,Semper Fidelis.

Correct don't snack after supper, and have your last meal at least a few hours before bedtime. If you just cant stand it - then keep *fruit or vegetables handy for an after dinner snack.
    If you don't have to get those 11 lbs off in two weeks then don't worry if it takes a month, or six weeks or more. It's a lifestyle change, = indefinitely.

* Buy fresh produce snacks in advance and keep them in your room so nobody else can get to them, and, you will have no valid excuses for substituting cookies or pie for a banana

Don't be the guy who loses 14 pounds in a day. I know a guy. And that is extremely... unhealthy. The Marine Corps wants fit people in it, but we also don't want you broken when we get you.

Best of luck to you,

LCpl Yonkers

Thread Information