A Mighty Fortress
Create Post

A Mighty Fortress

A Mighty Fortress

One Thursday night I awoke during the night to hear of the earth quake that had just hit Japan.(I keep my TV on turned down low at night.) I watched in disbelief as everyone else did at the shaking and destruction as the buildings began to shake and some fell apart. Then came the Tidal waves.
    Nothing I had ever seen in my life prepared me for the magnitude of destruction and death that was to follow.
    I began to pray for all the people and the Nation I watched something that stood out to me. All the small houses and buildings made of wood and cinder blocks just were torn from their foundations and most were torn apart. It seemed as though nothing could stop this power. Trees, homes, buildings, cars, trucks, boats, ships, everything was instantly destroyed! But then I noticed that something’s were not destroyed. Large new buildings seemed to turn the tide away. A huge rock outcropping simply turned away the flood without even a shudder.

Why Lord, were some spared why were many destroyed? As I continued to watch through the day something became apparent to me.
    The things that were not moved all had one thing in common; A very new, very strong foundation. Like that big rock most of its strength was likely underground, burred in bedrock. The smaller structures were not well anchored or not anchored at all. They were just swept away.
    Our faith comes from the truth and power of God’s word. God’s truth never fails! Then why do we sometimes fail? Why are we sometimes swept away? Why are we often the weak structures instead of the Rock?
    God’s faith is made perfect in our trust in his kingdom principals. Our Faith is perfected in our painting a new picture of trust.
    Trust is not easily won. We have a lifetime of believing in our own failures instead of believing in God’s truth. We paint a picture of what will happen based on past failures not on Gods promise.

How Lord do I strengthen my faith to believe in (Paint a new picture) what you say the outcome should be? How do I forsake my past failures and lean totally on your word?
    It takes practice, practice, practice and more practice. When I get the picture right, looking like God’s word says then, and only then will my faith be strong enough to walk upon the waters.
    How did I learn to talk, walk, work, do the amazing things this body allows me to do? Practice wisdom, knowledge and more practice.
    Why should I believe that just because I trusted Jesus for eternal life that I can suddenly step out of the boat? Why should I believe3 I can become a champion at anything without knowledge, wisdom and lots of practice?
    God gave is his Word. He told us that it was with god and it was God. He showed us it was the instruction manual for a Successful Godly life. Yet we treat it like a boring technical manual that really doesn’t interest us very much. We treat it like we don’t believe that we can have greater success by applying tit’s principals.
    How can I expect different results while continuing to do the same things that have failed in the past?
    Time is short. God is calling his people to a higher level. He is asking us to train for promotion; he is calling us to train for Reigning! Reigning? That is right! He called each of us to perfect our faith by renewing our mind, heart, thought s and skills through his perfect word.
    How hard will it be? It will likely be the hardest thing you have ever done. What are the choices? Do it or be left behind. I f you are saved you were saved for a purpose. That purpose is to become a leader of men. A leader who will lead men into the light of God’s truth.

Lord Help me to recognize my weaknesses, help me to know your truth and trust in your covenant. Help me to become perfected in faith as I submit to the power of your word manifest in me.
    I submit myself new every morning to a new training regiment, diligent study and practice of your principals and only by the power of your word manifest in me will I become the Man you called me to be.
    Amen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y-_TsRjm5Y

THANK YOU DOUG, EVERY SUNDAY I AM LEARNING SOMETHING NEW ABOUT JESUS AND WHAT HE WANTS US TO DO, I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IT SEMPER FI AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DOUGSTEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 fmf

So glad you liked it Doc. It is good to know that people are reading them and being encouraged to Know the Lord even better.

Thread Information