Am I being "tricked" or led into a mos not of my choice?
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Am I being "tricked" or led into a mos not of my choice?

One of my first post sorry if it is in the wrong section. I completed my profile so it should stay up. Ill make this post short.

I signed the Infantry option contract around November/December. I have had that contract since today. I was originally set to leave March 11th. But I ran 10 seconds slower than required on the IST. I was informed today that I will be leaving May 29th.

Here is what confuses me. My recruiter emailed me saying I still have the infantry option (0300) but I will be during Nuclear Security for a few years than be sent to a grunt unit. I have done research and I have not seen an MOS number in the 0300 field. Also I find it unusual to have a Nuclear Security job as a "secondary mos" (not familiar with the proper term).

What my question is. Has this occurred to any Marine on these forums? Is this normal? I do not want to be stuck with an MOS that I have no interest in, when I have the Infantry Option as it is. Is my recruiter "lying" to me? Or trying to get me to sign something? My recruiter has been fine and I have no reason to believe he would do so. But there are always those rumors of how recruiters can trick you into things.

Thanks

Sounds to me like you have a Marine Security Forces contract option now. You are still an 0300 series. This is likely because you failed the IST, so you lost that particular slot, however, he plugged you into the NEXT available infantry slot, only this one happens to be MCSF.

Could be worse...he could have said you are going to something you really, really, didn't want, 'This or nothing'.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the reply.
    I will do some research on this. I just do not want to be sitting around doing nothing. I like physical things. Rather than other mos'. I understand I should get used to doing things I do not want to in the Marine Corps. But its what i want.

If you liked physical things you wouldn't have run 10 seconds too slow on the IST.

Thread Information