Does God Exist?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does God Exist?

Does God Exist?

DOES GOD EXIST?

This is one of the best explanations on thenature of God that I have ever seen...

A man went to a barbershop to have his haircut and his beard trimmed. As the barber beganto work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects.

When they eventually touched on the subject of God,the barber said: 'I don't believe that God exists.'

'Why do you say that?' asked the customer.

'Well, you just have to go out in the street torealize that God doesn't exist.

Tell me, if God exists, would there be so manysick people? Would there be abandoned children?

If God existed, there would be neither

suffering nor pain.

I can't imagine a loving God who would

allow all of these things.'

The customer thought for a moment, butdidn't respond because he didn't want tostart an argument.

The barber finished his job and the customerleft the shop.

Just after he left the barbershop, he saw aman in the street with long, stringy, dirty hairand an untrimmed beard.

He looked dirty and unkempt.The customerturned back and entered the barbershop againand he said to the barber:

'You know what? Barbers do not exist.'

'How can you say that?' asked the surprisedbarber. 'I am here, and I am a barber. And Ijust worked on you!'

'No!' the customer exclaimed. 'Barbers don'texist because if they did, there would be nopeople with dirty long hair and untrimmedbeards, like that man outside.'

'Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happenswhen people do not come to me.'

'Exactly!' affirmed the customer. 'That's thepoint! God, too, DOES exist! That's whathappens when people do not go to Him and don'tlook to Him for help.

That's why there's so much pain and suffering inthe world.'

If you think God exists, send this to otherpeople---

If you think God does not exist, delete it!

BE BLESSED &

BE A BLESSING TO OTHERS!

Thanks for the great thoughts.

Semper Fi, Tom

Thanks Tom.

Just put it on my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462 View Post
    Just put it on my Facebook page
    Great Allen.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Great job Doug. I sent it to others as well, especially all my heathen friends.

Credits
    Savings
    Excellent message
    THANKS

awesome post,, thanks

Good post,Semper Fidelis.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Yes, there is a God!

He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy.

Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no God!

It would be as dreary as if there were no people.

There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence.

We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Yes, there is a God!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Yes, there is a God!

He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy.

Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no God!

It would be as dreary as if there were no people.

There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence.

We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Yes, there is a God!

Awesome Chuck. Thanks for the poem.

Great post Captain Kirk, also if you don't believe in God just step outside and look around ,he's every where. Just look at all the wonderful sights here..

Thank you for the fantastic post Captain Kirk...EXCELLENT!

Gung Ho,

Ray

Thanks Guys. I wish I could take credit for this but just have a bunch of Christian friends who forward this stuff to me all the time.

Thread Information