meritourius(fubar spelling?) cpl board - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Many people like to say there is a world of difference between the civilian market place and the military. In many ways, that is true HOWEVER you will find that promotions are much the same. If you just do your job and nothing more.... you will move forward but not as fast as many and you will fall behind your peers. If you work your butt off every day...learn all you can...and strive for improvement in all you do.... you will leave your peers behind.

When I was a Pvt, I didn't plan on what I needed to excel as a PFC but as a LCpl. When I picked up PFC, I started planning on being a Cpl. I did this every time and in every rank. Three of my promotions were meritorious and I finished my first tour as an E5 with TIG. I finished my 2nd tour as an E6 with TIG and was on the E7 list.

You can accomplish what you want if you work hard and focus on what you want out of the Marine Corps and out of life.

Plan your future and never let anything hold you back from your goals. Only you can hold yourself back by not doing your best or being a screwup.

Good luck.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    "When facing a difficult task, act as though it is impossible to fail. If you're going after Moby Dick, take along the tartar sauce."

Good luck to you!

Honestly, You do not rate to be promoted. You seem like a ****bag who wants to get promoted without working through the ranks. No one can just go from PFC to LCpl then a few weeks later even expect to get put up for Cpl. You sound like a very motivated young Marine, I give you that. But be honest, do you honestly think you have what it takes to be put up against other guys who may have deployed/or have been in longer? No, unless you are with a whole Co of ****bags then maybe. Don't rush getting promoted, whether you realize it or not, your job doesn't get easier like all junior enlisted think. You get added **** to do, trust me. Been there done that, I'm trying to coach a son who is about to Enlist on what not to do and make sure he doesn't act like a nasty ****bag. You just need to relax, you are a PFC, if you make LCpl this March then be happy, don't be so greedy. Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SSgtPressley View Post
    Honestly, You do not rate to be promoted. You seem like a ****bag who wants to get promoted without working through the ranks. No one can just go from PFC to LCpl then a few weeks later even expect to get put up for Cpl. You sound like a very motivated young Marine, I give you that. But be honest, do you honestly think you have what it takes to be put up against other guys who may have deployed/or have been in longer? No, unless you are with a whole Co of ****bags then maybe. Don't rush getting promoted, whether you realize it or not, your job doesn't get easier like all junior enlisted think. You get added **** to do, trust me. Been there done that, I'm trying to coach a son who is about to Enlist on what not to do and make sure he doesn't act like a nasty ****bag. You just need to relax, you are a PFC, if you make LCpl this March then be happy, don't be so greedy. Semper Fi
    I agree whole heartily

From looking at your profile pictures , you consider yourself a gangster chick and wanna be , in my opinion.. If you want to be taken seriously you need to straighten up and stop acting like a gangster girl wanna be!!!...this is America and not the Streets of N.Y. N.Y. or were ever you call home...

radiogal, you were to pick up LCpl first of March then a couple weeks later appear on the board.

Has that happened?

Give us an update.

Hard work,time in grade,patience and respect gained from superiors and peers before you even seriously should be thinking about being promoted to E-4.This isn't the Navy or the Air Force.My NCOIC put me in for E-5 with about 2 years in grade as an E-4.I went before the board and was shot down in flames.Realized I was lucky to be a Cpl.and sure as hell wasn't ready to be an E-5.That was a learning experience that has served me well throughout my life.Also made me realize Marine NCOS earn their rank it is not given.That is what makes the Corps what is is.When you rate the rank and have earned I hope you receive it.You are not worthy yet young Marine. Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SSgtPressley View Post
    Unless things have changed, one doesn't volunteer to go in front of a meritorious promotion board. Your command sees enough potential to put you up and then it's the board's responsibility to select the most deserving individual. Why are people blaming this Marine for being recommended? We don't know her but her command does and THEY saw enough to put her up (she didn't put herself up). She is NOT being greedy; only representing her command on a board THEY put her on. If you are telling her to turn the opportunity down then you are wrong.

Thread Information