meritourius(fubar spelling?) cpl board - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Correction. Congradulations on achieving the rank that is promised to you if you stay out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by FaDeD View Post
    This makes me sick to my stomach. YOU DO NOT RATE TO BE A NCO. how about you taking some time out of your day to check your spelling, at least google the word meritorious. You want to be a "Leader of Marines" yet you sound like a boot female who just thinks because shes a female that your rifle, MCMAP, or PFT score doesnt matter, are you retarded? I have boot bands that have more time in service then you. How about you take sometime in the Corps since you graduated boot camp yesterday and learn what it takes to be a Non Commisioned Officer. I spent 3.5 years in the Corps before i even expected to obtain the rank of Corporal. I dug fighting holes without questions, stood duty and fob watch because i was the boot. I said " Aye Sgt" to anything passed down whether I agree'd or not. A board is just what you think its not. Its not about your job "USUALLY" your on a board with other people in your BN who do different jobs, You will do a PFT the morning off and in the boards ive been on you have tan belt MCMAP, CLS, Drill, Land Nav, among other things like that, the only part that lets you do somthing that is not on paper is the interview with the SGT MAJ, or 1st Sgt. I love how you havnt even achieved the rank of Lance Corporal yet you think you rate to talk like your ready to be an NCO. Take a walk boot and if your chain of command is stupid enough to put you on a board already with your 1 ribbon then you must be really pretty.
    I'm unclear here. Why don't you tell us what you really mean????

Last edited by Lisa 23; 03-13-12 at 07:30 AM.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    0621rdaigal wrote:

no im a pfc i pick up lance on the first of march. then a couple weeks later i go on the board its just company level and then bn then division.

You have no business on this board with that sort of TIG(two weeks). This is the type of stuff that is BS. You'll have had no time to show if you can even handle Lance, much less being an NCO. I hope you don't get selected because if you do it is a slap in the face to the Marines who have made rank and have shown the ability to lead.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Correction. Congradulations on achieving the rank that is promised to you if you stay out of trouble.
    Promised LOL...it's BS.

Credits
    Savings
    Also boot i find it funny you think your uniforms look better then a drill instructor. You must be so squared away maybe they should make you company Gunny, you have so much experience. Im positive i could tear you apart in your uniform and you would fail. ITS easy to sit behind a keyboard and talk, not hard to mount 1 firewatch ribbon and a marksman rifle badge. Keep in mind as a NCO in a multi gender MOS you are required to know both female and male uniform regulations as you will be in charge of males that are the ranks below you. I guess thats all it takes to win a board at Comm Co, Hq Bn, 1st Mar Div. I cant wait to see you over in country curled up in a ditch crying while your patrol Sgt calls in for QRF and I come to your rescue, i remeber a name and I WILLNOT forget yours boot.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Also boot i find it funny you think your uniforms look better then a drill instructor. You must be so squared away maybe they should make you company Gunny, you have so much experience. Im positive i could tear you apart in your uniform and you would fail. ITS easy to sit behind a keyboard and talk, not hard to mount 1 firewatch ribbon and a marksman rifle badge. Keep in mind as a NCO in a multi gender MOS you are required to know both female and male uniform regulations as you will be in charge of males that are the ranks below you. I guess thats all it takes to win a board at Comm Co, Hq Bn, 1st Mar Div. I cant wait to see you over in country curled up in a ditch crying while your patrol Sgt calls in for QRF and I come to your rescue, i remeber a name and I WILLNOT forget yours boot.
    I see the Grunts still pass down the same nonsense - blah, blah, blah - that's all it is after the word "typewriter". Yeah, kid is a little cocky - she'll learn, just like you did when you were a boot. Remember, don't ever forget where you come from and you came from that same boot bottom rung of the ladder as she is.

With all due respect, you should be thanking her for at least being in a MOS that supports your low crawlin butt in some shape, form or fashion. And, THINK, before you decide to get all nasty at me - my AGE out ranks YOU. Just for the record, I wasn't behind a typewriter during my time either. I was making sure that pilots were able to drop a bomb or 2 if you needed it. No need to thank me though, I don't think I did anything as "special" as crawling around in the dirt. Thank YOU for wanting to do it for me.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 03-13-12 at 07:33 AM.

Credits
    Savings
    Im not thanking her. Let me remind you of somthing Lance Corporal, Experience trumphs age and while i applaud you for doing something with your life for four years besides wasting it away at a jr. college, you were in during peace time. The experience gained in war trumps your 4 years of "playing war" on a airstation somewhere. You have claims of being so wise, and your age being so superior to my meer 27, you would think an older woman would have more class then to put wiskey tango pictures of herself on a Marine Corps forum.

Anyway, I will continue to deploy and do real Marine Corps things, and you can sit here and defend every female boot that comes along, because its a New Marine Corps and stuff is getting screwed up daily.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 03-13-12 at 07:34 AM.

I have no idea why everything turns into a ****ing contest on LN.com. The Marine is asking a valid question. Although we all know she will only get to use this board for future reference....it will still provide her with valuable information on the workings of various boards

Faded.... I have known Marine84 for quite a while...and peace time Marine or not.... LCpl or not...she is a fine Marine and does not rate your disdain or verbal abuse.

Please don't pull the age or experience card on me since I have both.

Let's not downgrade Marines for asking questions. It is the job of every Marine to help those who don't have as much experience as the rest of us. Pass on the information to the Marines who follow you.

0621RadioGal....I must agree with taking some courses in spelling and punctuation since it will be valuable in the future both in the Corps and the civilian world.

Last edited by DrZ; 03-13-12 at 08:09 AM.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks DrZ for the backup but, I got this one covered. I'm just going to put it down as he's young, (somewhat) dumb and full of.....................well, you know.

@ faded - You may call me Kim, I don't mind. Even if there had been a war going on back then, I wouldn't have been able to get deployed because the Corps still said "NO" to women and combat (related) MOS's. Only thing I could have done was make sure them bomb racks worked so they would do what they were supposed to do which is cover a Grunt's fuzzy butt with a few bombs when needed. I've never "played war" but, you can bet if I did, you would have no better WM on your side.

As for the pics I put on a Marine Corps site............Son, I'm a 50 year old woman - I was hot THEN, I'm hot NOW and I have more class in my pinkie than you have in your entire body. You damned straight Imma show it off and you can kiss my entire, Southern, royal, rusty, redneck a$$. All this AND I'm a Marine too! No wonder I put a copyright on it!

Radiogal,

my opinion, youve been a Lance Corporal now for all of two weeks(two weeks tomorrow) what need need to be focussed on right now is MOS proficiency, and staying out of trouble, spend some time as a lance coolie, how can you expect a Lance Corporal to listen to you, when you have no idea what it means to be a Lance, let alone an NCO, I've been a Lance Corporal for two years, and im finally picking up in april. im confident in my MOS, i know how to be a good Marine. three or four months ago, my SSgt wanted to put me on a paper board, my pft wasn't up to par, so i told him no, that i didnt deserve it, and i knew it was my fault that i hadnt picked up yet. that position on the board was better suited for someone who needed it more than i did. im happy i turned it down, im happy with the time in grade i have, i think everyone should deploy before they pick up, its an experiance that will change the way you look at the Marine Corps, and what an NCO really is.

To thse who gave advice thank you. Lcpl Alexander picked up meritourius cpl and to him congradulations. I knew others deserved it much much more then I. It was a great learning experiance and I'll have a better idea for if I get put on another down the road. Till then I'll be perparing to go do the screening to do FET training which has been my little dream since i deped in. I'm pretty confident that I will make it through the training. Then I'll get my little butt a deployment. woohooo

The Marine is asking a valid question. Although we all know she will only get to use this board for future reference....it will still provide her with valuable information on the workings of various boards
    That was all I wanted thank you. I know I don't rate to pickup yet. I knew I would not win the board. Hopefully everything goes well with this next opportunity I have I'll deploy and maybe pick up in afgan. Thanks again to those who gave any advice or constructive critisism.I tried to watch the spelling and grammar this time. For now I'll take the advice I was given and work on being a lance.

There you go, Marine; that is the right attitude.

Good luck.

I'd take Marines with your attitude in my shop any day. One of the troop leading steps is "know yourself and seek self improvement"...that is exactly what you did with this experience and are doing. And, never hesitate to ask a question; a truely professional Marine will never belittle you or attempt to place roadblocks in your path to accomplishing your goals. I remember when I was a young Devil Dog fighting hard to compete with my peers and trying to excel every day. My superiors whom I looked up to were the ones who supported me and saw my potential. As I gained rank and responsibilities, I always tried to pattern my leadership style after those Marines who were positive influences on me during my career. Maintain your positive attitude, keep charging, and good luck...work hard every day to be the very best and remember this; when you do become a NCO things change...you then become a troop leader and THAT'S the best part about being a Marine...LEADING OTHERS!

Thread Information