A Few Questions from A Wannabe
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

A Few Questions from A Wannabe

I have heard a bunch of things about recruting in Wisconsin, like it is one of the two exceptions that will go to Cali instead of the Island, but I've also heard that it depends where you enlist in the state, so my real question is where would you go for boot camp if you enlisted in WI?

Even though I'm about 4 years off from enlisting, I've also heard that you can do PT while still in highschool, so if anyone knows anything about this let me know.

And my final question, what MOS's require airborne training? I've heard that you can only get into jump school if your MOS requires it, but I have no clue which MOS's require it, again if anybody knows about this, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    I have heard a bunch of things about recruting in Wisconsin, like it is one of the two exceptions that will go to Cali instead of the Island, but I've also heard that it depends where you enlist in the state, so my real question is where would you go for boot camp if you enlisted in WI?

Even though I'm about 4 years off from enlisting, I've also heard that you can do PT while still in highschool, so if anyone knows anything about this let me know.

And my final question, what MOS's require airborne training? I've heard that you can only get into jump school if your MOS requires it, but I have no clue which MOS's require it, again if anybody knows about this, let me know.
    1. Talk to a local recruiter, they know the area regs best.

2. When you talk to the local recruiter, ask if you can join them for PT.

3. Many MOS's require Airborne training.

Good luck.

You're only 13 years old. You have plenty of time before a recruiter will even talk with you about enlisting. Concentrate on getting good grades while in school, staying out of trouble, and don't get any tattoos of any kind on any part of your body.
    You want to PT on your own, knock you socks off, but I highly doubt you'll be able to go to your local recruiting station and be allowed to PT with poolees......you're too young.

Young one you have time our beloved Marine Corps is here to stay,Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post

When I went in 20 years ago, there were guys from all over Wisconsin and we all went to San Diego. (Central WI, Beloit, Upper Michigan)

Same thing for my cousin that joined around 2000. (Milwaukee area)

Credits
    Savings
    In 1975 I lived in Menasha Wi. I went to MCRD Cal.

Thread Information