popped on my background check
Create Post

popped on my background check

Hi,

I ship to bootcamp on 3/05/2012 but something came up in my background check that I had completely forgotten about back in 2005. I am told I will most likely be headed to MEPS on Wednesday to plead my case. It was a misdemeanor possession of Marijuana charge that was eventually dismissed in court. What are my chances that I will still be able to ship to bootcamp?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Site rules and TOS require a complete profile. Please complete it and this thread will be re-opened.

Done.

by the way, I was not a minor at the time of incident.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That was easy.

As to your question: It's hard to say if this will delay your ship date or not. Normally, these matters require waivers if you had told your recruiter about it. It is entirely possible you may be delayed until (and if) a waiver comes back.

We have an active duty recruiter who passes through the site every few days. Perhaps he will notice this thread and give you an answer, but you should be able to get the most accurate one from your own recruiter.

Agree with Zulu. And, since your recruiter obviously knows about it, what did he/she say about your chances? I would assume that you have some what of a chance since you are being given the opportunity to plead your case.

Just go in to MEPS and be honest about things, be tactful and respectful.

Should only be a RS level waiver and shouldn't delay your ship date.

After going to MEPS, I had to tell my story to a doctor, to the Gunnery Sgt and a Captain. It will require a district level waiver which could take two weeks so I will be getting delayed.

Thread Information