Infantry Battalions and Tattoo Policy - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you do not intend to abide by our regulations then don't waste your time enlisting...period.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    At the moment the Corps is looking to cut a minimum of 5,000 Marines over and above what they normally do, per year.

Now, when it comes time to reenlist, (which has to be approved by the command, HQMC, etc etc), and it comes down to looking for Marines to say 'Sorry, you didn't make the cut', for WHATever reason.....

Might you suppose that that VIOLATION OF MARINE CORPS ORDERS on your arm may just, possibly, perhaps, play a factor in your reenlistment packet being denied for some unknown reason?

Sure, everyone winked and nodded when you got it. Sure, even the BN CO said HE though it was 'badazz'. Sure, the 1stSgt said he wished HE had one....

And there YOU will be, doing the seabag drag, right out the gate, wondering what the heck happened.

But, hey, at least you have your 'sleeve' to show all the people at the VFW bar.
    Reckon the Army would take 'em? Probably not!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Once again thank you Marines for responding to my questions.

As I said my cousin isn't re-enlisting and I assume alot of his fellow Marines that have out of reg sleeve tattoos aren't gonna reenlist either.

He says that while he is very proud of his service and of being a Marine he says that the Marine Corps now is run like a politically correct corporation,is very cutthroat, and every little part of your life is micro-managed to the fullest and he says he's sick of it.

Anyways thanks again Marines for your service .

Credits
    Savings
    Marines I don't mean to revive a old thread..

How do these non "grandfathered" Marines not get kicked out of the Marine Corps with their out of reg sleeves???You go on any Grunt Battalion facebook and theres a ton of Corporals,Lance Corporals,and PFCS way out of regulations with their tattoos and it seems no cares???

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cleancut24 View Post
    Marines I don't mean to revive a old thread..

How do these non "grandfathered" Marines not get kicked out of the Marine Corps with their out of reg sleeves???You go on any Grunt Battalion facebook and theres a ton of Corporals,Lance Corporals,and PFCS way out of regulations with their tattoos and it seems no cares???
    Why do you care? and what does it matter??

Those tattoos you see may very well be the reason that they are LCpls and PFCs. The Marine Corps is not going to kick anyone out for a tattoo, you just won't be able to re-enlist and stay in after your 4 or 5 years. How do you know no one cares?.....again for all you or we know their command is up there a$$ about it and those tattoos are the reason they are still a PFC/LCpl.

Credits
    Savings
    Sir it just shocked me to see Marines blatanly not following regulations,I thought Marines would be kicked out for not following tattoo regulations??

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cleancut24 View Post
    Sir it just shocked me to see Marines blatanly not following regulations,I thought Marines would be kicked out for not following tattoo regulations??
    Again...The Corps is not going to kick someone out for an out of regulations tattoo, what they will do though is non-rec, punish, NJP, etc. that Marine and make their life miserable.

The Marine Corps has more games than Milton Bradley. If you want to willingly violate the tattoo policy, stand the freak by for some silly games. Do you like duty? You'll get a lot. Do you like busting rust? You'd best put that on your favorites list. Do you like Private pay? You'll learn. It doesn't matter who you are or what unit you're in. Unless you're the CMC and change the order, you're not above the law. That's why it's called a Marine Corps ORDER. Follow it or GTFO.

Credits
    Savings
    I looked at my cousins facebook and got linked to different Grunt Battalion facebooks from 3/5,1/5,3/7,3/3,1/3,1/8,2/6 and I saw very large amount of PFCS, and Lance Corporals with full sleeves,and half sleeves and it wasn't just a few Marines it was a large amount of Marines out of regs,it just shocked me.

Ask, answered.....and closed for the good of the order.

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT start another thread on this topic. If you do, it will result in a vacation away from Leatherneck for a time to be determined.

Thread Information